Home Buying in Tucson>Question Details

looker, Home Buyer in Tucson, AZ

3433 E Edgemont Tucson, AZ 85716 why has this house been on the market since March. IT soesn't make sense?? Did something come back wrong?

Asked by looker, Tucson, AZ Sat Dec 1, 2012

Answers

9
Just looking at the listing, it is difficult if not impossible to answer your question. There have been sales in that neighborhood, and I suspect that it is a simple matter of the house not meeting buyers' needs as well as others for sale. It does not appear to be overpriced, but may need work and updating which is not reflected in the pictures.

If you would like to see the house or any others in the area, please contact me and I will be happy to help.

David
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012
It is just that potential buyers believe it is over priced for what it offers. It is only a 2 bedroom main house and two baths. It does have a nice guest house but I am not sure that it was built with proper building permits as I am not showing the sq. ft. in the county records. That is one thing that needs to be checked out. The two bedrooms in the main house are a real negative to many buyers but it does deserve to be seen and investigated. Let me know if you are interested.
I live near this area and I believe that some people are not willing to live in area that you need to drive 30 miles out of town to go the food store or want to live in town, but if they are asking for around $45k then its a good price.
Personally, I think this houses' main problem was the price. It is still too high for the area by about 20-30k. Even though the updating of kitchen and bathrooms created good appeal. Unfortunately many owners are not going to get a return on a purchase made during '05-'08 for several more years. A good price, or a willingness to negotiate below expectations, will make for a quicker sale.
Most likely buyers don't see the value in the home for the price. Looks nice but may need some updating. Not really seing the home and the layout and maybe it hasn't appealed to buyers. It would definitely be one to see as it has a good looking guest house. Let me know if you want to actually go see it and then we will have a much better idea.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012
There are lots of reasons that a home will stay on the market too long. Most often, it is price or that the sellers are unwilling to negotiate or cooperate. Sometimes, there is something that turns up on the inspection that is either unrepairable or not cost effective to repair. It may also be that there is something about the home that makes it unsuitable for financing. Sometimes, it is bad luck for the seller and there is a string of unqualified buyers making offers, and having their financing fall through. If there is a home you are interested in, your agent can contact the Sellers agent and find out what the story behind the story is. Often, there is more than just price involved.
If you would like some help, I would be happy to be considered for the position.
Good Luck
Doug Seemann
520-370-8907
dougs@longrealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012
Because its overpriced. Great location but needs work .
Just talked with the listing agent yesterday. He said his sellers
Might be willing to take a lower offer. If you want to just throw one
At them let me know :-)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012
Yes this property is for sale and has been the past 260 days on MLS. Supply and demand, at this price the property is not desirable and they have not accepted an offer. I know this area very well, as we live in historic Colonia Solana which is only two blocks away. I would be happy to discuss this property and review comps with you, after which it will become clear why it is still available and on the market at $305K (last sold on MLS for $169,900 in 2000).

Spirit Messingham, PLLC
3rd Generation Full-Time Realtor®
Tierra Antigua Realty
Direct (520) 471-6900
Fax (866) 365-5208
SpiritRealty@Cox.net
http://www.TierraAntigua.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012
The property started our being priced higher in March and has had a few price changes. No way to accurately know why it is still on the market without actually viewing the property and analyzing it against the market.

If you have a real estate agent helping you, they should be able to answer your questions.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012