Lookingmsj, Home Buyer in Kimber - Gomes, Frem...

3185 DRISCOLL Fremont, CA 94539 -----this is a home in the MSJ area but it is next to the railway lines which in future will be the BART lines

Asked by Lookingmsj, Kimber - Gomes, Fremont, CA Tue Apr 20, 2010

-----this is a home in the MSJ area but it is next to the railway lines which in future will be the BART lines
how much of a value impact will that be on the house

Answers

5
I wouldn't sell anything I wouldn't buy myself. I don't want to get stuck with a listing in a slow market afterwards.
Brad
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 26, 2010
In comparison to other homes not by the tracks it tends to be less desirable. If someone were looking at the exact same house that was further away or not by the tracks, they may be willing to pay more. The home individually will not be impacted because the tracks are already there, like Brian said. Keep in mind the sound and vibration for RR and Bart are different. It will all depend on if the buyer even cares about the tracks or not.

-Steven Michael Fong
REALTOR
Web Reference: http://www.sunilsethi.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 24, 2010
Hi I would like to add that although it could make a difference in a slow market, it is all personal preference. I have had clients who were not in the least concerned with trains and I have had clients who will not even look at a home anywhere near tracks. If you like it and don't mind the train make an offer.... Dawn
Hi Lookingmsj,

Any property that is close to a railroad has a little bit less desirability than one that is not! So, if you are ok with it, that should be fine. Remember, you will be buying it at a lesser value too, and so when you Sell, it will be the same thing! I just Sold a home at KB homes in Fremont (Warm Springs schools), there too, the ones near the railroad are cheaper to Buy...and so then lesser in price when you sell....
Its a choice you make.
Do contact me if i can help in any way, All the Best,
NIna Daruwalla
The home prices will not be effected any more than they already are, since the railroad tracks are already there. The only change is the addition to the BART tracks. BART is not that noisey and now that Washington Blvd. goes over the tracks, trains will no longer need to blow their horns and no noisey crossing bells.

So I feel there would be no additonal impact in values from recent sales on Driscoll. However, home prices that do not back to tracks are always slightly higher due to the noise & safety factor.

Hope this helps,
Brian