Home Buying in Princeton>Question Details

chiragshah80, Home Buyer in Basking Ridge, NJ

.Buying home based on wife name

Asked by chiragshah80, Basking Ridge, NJ Thu Oct 3, 2013

My wife has been working for 6 months in the USA.She has a credit history of 760 points .She is in USA for last 5 years but started working in 2013.Will there be any issue in getting a mortgage

Answers

6
Since there are other factors involved in determining mortgage qualification, for a personalized answer visit with any licensed loan officer; be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 4, 2013
Aside from the factors you just mentioned, her credit, income and debt/income ratio will also be considered when applying for a mortgage. I can put you in touch with a few reputable mortgage lenders that can answer all your concerns and questions.

Laquita Baez
Licensed Realtor NJ/GA
Weichert Realtors
908.277.1200 office
973.687.7095 direct

Dream Homes ARE Within Reach!!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 4, 2013
Usually lenders want to see at least 2 years of work history in order to qualify for a loan. This may cause some problems for this situation. But employment is not the only determination of whether or not you can get a loan. So I recommend you speak with a lender like myself so we can get more details about you situation. If you have any further questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me. I hope this helps and good luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker NMLS # 659743 Phone: 949.667.2887 brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
The best source to ask that question is a qualified Mortgage Representative.
If you would like a recommendation I work with several who would be pleased to discuss mortgage qualifications.
I can be reached directly at
lweil@glorianilson.com or 609.240.9879

Lisa Weil
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 23, 2013
HI Chirag,

Honestly, the lack of 2 years of employment may be an issue but there are ways to supplement for the lack of it.
As a buyer's agent for First time buyers I have been able to find homes for buyer's who :-

1. Had inconsistent employment or were short of 2 yrs employment.
2. Had low or poor credit history for various reasons.
3. Had used cash to pay for everything & lacked a credit history.

Please contact directly with more details to set up a no-obligation consultation :-

Shalu Thaman - Realtor,ePRO, ABR
Keller Williams Princeton Real Estate
Cell # 609.577.5861
Fax # 609.613.5907
http://www.linkedin.com/in/shaluthaman
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 6, 2013
That is a fantastic question and I am sure one that a lot of people have out there. I am not sure if anybody else has reached out to you yet but the best answer one could give is to tell you to reach out to a Mortgage Specialist. As this is their career they would be able to go over all of your details and let you know not only what options you have out there but give you a road map of what you need to do to achieve your dream of owning a home. If this is something you might be interested in please send me your contact info to shininglightcorps@gmail.com and I can send you out a few names to reach out to and see where you stand. I can also be reached anytime at (609) 516-6130. I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you soon.

Nick Lopez
“Working Hard and Working Smart For You and Your Real Estate”

Robert N. (Nick) Lopez
Sales Associate
Lopez & Associates
Keller Williams Princeton Realty
100 Canal Pointe Blvd., Suite 120
Princeton, NJ 08540

Cell (609) 516-6130
Office (609) 987-8889
E-Mail: Shininglightcorps@gmail.com
Mobile App: http://app.kw.com/KWVG03AS

http://www.nicklopez.kwrealty.com
http://www.searchprincetonhomesforsale.com