Home Buying in Wayne>Question Details

Festivus, Home Buyer in Bridgewater, NJ

4 Berkshire Drive, wayne, NJ

Asked by Festivus, Bridgewater, NJ Wed Dec 8, 2010

No questions but more of a warning to Wayne buyers to stay away from this property. This is not an accurate listing on Trulia. The listing agent tells you only after you have called her that this is actually an auction, which the developer is using to start a bidding war, in hopes that this property can actually sell for $1m. So the 850K price tag for this is one heck of a bait, in other words, a waste of time.

I understand how you feel.
Two of my clients were interested in this property and when they realized it was an auction decided against it. Well looks like somebody bought it. Its currently under contract. If you like that development there are two more homes available with no indication that they may be an auction.
Getting a new high end development going isn't easy. Looks like they tried to get creative. Once a few homes are under contract then the momentum is there. This is a marketing technique that creates attention and noise. Proof is what we are doing right now.
Don't fret the right house is out there for you. I am an experienced local REALTOR if you have any specific questions. Best of Luck -
Dee Mauriello
Century 21 Gemini Realty LLC
thank you for the warning

I am sorry to see that you are upset. I looked up the property that you mentioned in the Garden State MLS. It does state that this is going to be a new subdivision that is going up for auction. The house you can see is a model home. I noticed on the Trulia site that it mentions the subdivision in the description but does not mention the bidding. It would be nice if the auction was mentioned in the description. If you follow the link on the bottom of the page(under more information), it leads to the Caldwell Banker site where it does state that this is an auction with a starting bid of $850,000. I have attached the link.

Navigating the waters of home buying can be a tricky and confusing venture. I am sorry if you are feeling disheartened. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions on other properties. Keep your chin up...the right property is out there for you!

Stephanie Drag
Realty Executives, Pequannock