Home Buying in Zephyrhills>Question Details

Thanks In Ad…, Other/Just Looking in Boca Raton, FL

Zephyrhills resident-owned mobile/manufactured homes communities

Asked by Thanks In Advance!, Boca Raton, FL Sun Apr 14, 2013

Do the condo/homeowners associations generally require the unit owner to carry insurance?

What is the electric company (or companies) that serve the communities where these homes are? Are water rates high (and does the provider vary, or is there one water company for the area)?

And I know realtors are limited in the info they can provide, but for any residents or others who know the area, how is the crime rate? Can you recommend any resident-owned communities that are safer than others? (Do they vary a lot from one to another as far as crime rate?)

Interested in any info on either 55 or all-ages communities.

Thanks!

Answers

2
If your unit in a condo building is paid for-then it's your decision to protect your investment.
The electric companies vary by area-Withalacoochee River Electric services alot of the area as well as does Progress Energy. Tampa Electric services some of the Dade City area. Water can be high if it a private company. If its Pasco County Utilities-range could be $30-50.00, Zephyrhills Utilities could be $20-and up. The bill really depends on how much water you use personally. I have relatives that live in Spanish Trails and their water bill averages $20 a month.
The crime rate can be looked by searching the police department-Zephyrhills Police Department and Pasco County Sheriffe.
Please let me know if I can help you look for a home in our area. The location and amenities are bar none for being a "little" town.
Feel free to call me at 813-355-7624 and I'll help you find a home!
Thank you!
Thanks so much for this great info!
Flag Fri May 17, 2013

- The short answer to this question is yes, as long as the Declarations address it. I wouldn't say this is a regular occurrence in the 55+ communities located here but again each association has their own declaration of covenants, conditions and restrictions. I would recommended maybe finding a few homes you may be interested in then we can check with the appropriate HOAs.

- Progress Energy ( soon to be Duke Energy ) is the electirc company
- Here are the City of Zephyrhills Current Water & Sewer

Rateshttp://www.ci.zephyrhills.fl.us/Resid180813412.asp

- You could refer to a website such as city data for such crime statistics.
http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Zephyrhills-Florida.html

If you have any other questions or if you would like to disuss what you are looking for in your new home then please do not hesitate to contact me. All of my contact information is attached.

--

Bill Roose
Realtor Associate

BINGHAM REALTY, INC.
38070 Daughtery Road
Zephyrhills, FL 33540
O: 813-788-2759
F: 813-783-8489
M: 813-505-1289
Bill@binghamrealtyinc.com
Very helpful response--thank you!
Flag Sun Apr 14, 2013
CITY OF ZEPHYRHILLS WATER & SEWER RATES

http://www.ci.zephyrhills.fl.us/Resid180813412.asp
Flag Sun Apr 14, 2013