Home Buying in Natomas Park>Question Details

Looking4value, Home Buyer in Natomas Park, Sacram...

Wow! Now certainly seems to be the time for get a deal! 1770 Baines sold for $441,5000 in 02 and now 1800 Baines, exactly the same sq ft and I bet

Asked by Looking4value, Natomas Park, Sacramento, CA Mon Jul 26, 2010

the same layout, just sold for $329,272. Is it ever ok to contact owner directly and just make an offer? I live near this neighborhood and heard there are $ problems and other issues, so if tempted, the owners might sell????? Or is it better to contact a realtor, whose fees would be paid by sellers, to make offer?

Answers

5
I have a realtor in AZ that will walk a neighborhood even in the middle of the summer if they have a customer that is looking for a home in a specific area. She will do this and she gets listing appointments for homes that do not fit the buyers needs, she is able to provide CMAs to people that are unfamiliar with what their home is worth, and she will pick up buyers that are currently renting. Could you find a realtor that will do that for you in Sacramento, I don't know; maybe you could both walk a neighborhood and determine if their is a home that is available. If you have not selected a realtor I suggest you talk to one and perhaps suggest this idea, right now thinking outside the box is critical to survival but so is working smart. Good luck with your search, if I can be of assistance please let me know.

Matt Puzz
Licensed Loan Originator
Citizen's Choice Mortgage
602-410-9333
Web Reference: http://www.mattpuzz.com
Yes it is a good time to buy, it sounds like the house you are interested in is not listed yet, are you thinking of purchasing to live in it or as an investment? That can make a difference if the property owner has already received a notice of default. If the owner will be open to a short sale it would be best for both of you to have agents, and for the seller to also have talked to an attorney. Short sales involve a lot of phone calls, and chasing paper, which if you already have a job you probably don't have the time to do. The sellers may not qualify for a short sale or may not have the motivation to do one, we are seeing sellers just staying without paying their mortage until kicked out by their lender, sometimes for months. You could have your agent approach the owner and see if they have any interest in selling.
The property is probably over-encumbered and therefore underwater, which means it would need to be sold as a short sale. And for that, the seller needs either an agent or a lawyer.
Yes! You're Right! Now is an awesome time to buy! However, I do think you should have a realtor, they are there to protect your interests and help negotiate the best price and terms for you, when dealing directly with a seller, there is no one really out for your interests, just the sellers. I know of a good realtor in your area, if you would like me to forward your information for them to contact you, just email me at heatherprealtor@gmail.com
The interest rates are some of the lowest we have seem in many years and home prices are great! Definitely now is a great time to take the leap and purchase a home! Have a great day!
Heather
It is the best time we have seen in years for buying a home, why people are waiting is beyond me.

Matt Puzz
Licensed Loan Originator
Citizen's Choice Mortgage
602-410-9333