Home Buying in Tampa>Question Details

Mary, Home Buyer in Lehigh Valley, PA

Would you tell me the Top 3 Best Areas of Tampa to live, prioritized as #1 safety/low crime #2 single family home #3 middle age people & why, please?

Asked by Mary, Lehigh Valley, PA Wed Oct 23, 2013

Answers

7
Hi Mary,

To keep within your budget of $250k with a 3 bedroom 2 bath single family home... Davis Islands and Harbour Island and South Tampa (S of Kennedy, N of Gandy) will not be in your price range.

I would suggest also visiting Palm Harbor, Oldsmar and Dunedin. Just be cautious about flood zone areas because flood insurance rates are expected to skyrocket.

Westchase prices are rising rapidly and generally speaking homes go under contract within 2 weeks of being listed--unless they're overpriced &/or have a condition issue. Adjacent to Westchase is Westwood Lakes, Sheffield, The Eagles and Countryway/Charleston Corners. Also Fawn Ridge and Fawn Lake are in your price range and these are nice communities to consider.

Water bills can be high in Tampa Bay so buying in a community with reclaimed water for the lawn may be something to look for. Westchase, The Eagles (Odessa), and Fawn Ridge all have reclaimed water.

Some of the communities in the outskirts of New Tampa/Wesley Chapel also have very expensive HOA & Community Development District taxes so unless you plan to take advantage of the amenties you may be better off joining a private country club. Oldsmar has Eastlake Woodlands Country Club and with the economy fees are less and admission is less restrictive. It may offer a nice social way to get acclimated to Tampa Bay and it's also very close to Westchase.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 24, 2013
Thanks for your info. I just bought a home in the east part of Tampa last week! There are a lot of brand new homes being built within the past 2 yrs or less and very nice, under $200K and in safe communities. Brandon and Riverview areas are excellent and without flood issues! I appreciate all your information. I had an excellent and experienced realtor, Rami Shy with Coldwell Banker, who worked tirelessly for 3 days straight and within 3 days I saw, offered, countered and completed the deal. I'm well on my way!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 27, 2013
Congratulations!
Flag Fri Dec 27, 2013
mary do what i did when i moved here two years ago. Rent First See if you like the area see traffic pzttens. davis and harbor island is nice but before you buy ask for flood plane. check if your area is in a flood area then check with insurance agent. thanks mike h. 973-809-3966
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 27, 2013
Thanks for your info. I just bought a home in the east part of Tampa last week!
Flag Fri Dec 27, 2013
Flag Fri Dec 27, 2013
Trulia has a great "Local Info" tab above that can assist in your research.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 24, 2013
Mary I would say before anyone could answer these questions for you, it might be important to know about you and your current lifestyle, as well as specifically what you need out of a community. We work with many relocation buyers into the area, born and raised here, there's not a lot about Tampa I cannot answer.

I would love to start with a phone consultation, room there we can help.

Katrina Madewell
Host of Tampa Home Talk
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013

The best and most sought after area meeting all these would be south Tampa specifically Harbour Island then Davis Island. Harbour Island is gated and has guards so it's difficult to get through. Behind the gates are several communities consisting of condos, townhouses, and single family. Next to Harbour Island is David Island. The island isn't gated but the homes are gorgeous.

Another great area is Westchase and Tampa Palms.

I represent developers and sellers in the downtown and South Tampa area so if you would like a list of properties I can send to you right away. Feel free to call me at any time.

Cody Powell, Realtor
J. Powell Enterprises
O. 813.843.8311
C. 904.710.8056
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013
Thank you so much, Cody! I have family friends who live in Westchase and love it. I've been looking, researching, reading about so many areas and have already sold my home. I plan on flying down for about a two week time period late Nov. to see which area I "feel I like the most" and would like to see as many during that time as possible. Looking for a 3 BR, 2 Bath, LR, FR, DR. but I don't want anything real extravagent. If I could stay below $250K that would be best for me!
Flag Wed Oct 23, 2013
Westchase/South Tampa/Harbour+Davis Islands
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013