Home Buying in East Falls>Question Details

Sarah Lathrop, Renter in

Would you suggest using a realtor to find a rental?

Asked by Sarah Lathrop, Fri Jul 12, 2013

I'm relocating to the Philadelphia area in early October. I'm not having much luck finding places that we like and suit our needs and wedding planning is admittedly taking a good portion of my time as well. Would it be easier to use a realtor for a rental? Would we then owe them a fee as well? Thanks in advance for any info!

Answers

9
Hi Sarah,

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Let me help you find a rental and take away some stress.
I use the MLS to find you a rental and this is free to you. Most landlords require a credit check, that you would pay for. I am compensated for my services, by the landlord.
By using a Realtor, it is the most efficient use of your time. We do the work and you make the selection. You are under no obligation.
Shoot me a e mail and let me know what area of Philly and what is your "wish" list and most important, what you have budgeted for rent.

Kind Regards,

Sue Breault
Keller Williams Real Estate
sbreault415@yahoo.com
215-205-9643
Hi Sarah,

Yes, it would definitely be much easier to use the services of a good Realtor. I live and work in Philadelphia. My firm manages hundreds of properties throughout the Greater Philadelphia Metropolitan Area.

Please feel free to call me at (267) 254-7994 to discuss your needs and wishes for your new home in Philly. I'd be happy to send you info on all the available rental listings that may meet your needs.

Good Luck with your Wedding Planning. My goal is to alleviate some of your stress by helping you find a comfortable place well in advance of your October arrival.

Looking forward to speaking with you soon.

Larry Lichtman
Realtor, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
Cell/Text:(267) 254-7994
E-mail: LarrySellsRealEstate@gmail.com

LIBERTY REAL ESTATE ASSOCIATES
Real Estate Sales & Leasing
Property Management & Insurance
924 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Office (215) 625-4725
Fax (215) 625-4728
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 13, 2013
Hi Sarah, I dont know if you have already found something or not but we are about to settle on a lovely property in east falls that will be available for rent in October. Feel free to email me at hlmeiers@msn.com, Thanks! maybe we can help each other out :)
what area you looking for ....
and what is the range for rental I mean how much????
Yes...for the simple reason that realtors are bound by the rules and regulations of the pa real estate commission, and the realtor code of ethics...which private owners aren't...they also will have access to data banks with rentals in them that you don't...walk the area where you think you want to be...and write down the nos. of real estate rental co. And call them all...I would have no problem with a licensed agent holding my security...but I know a lot of people who rented directly from an owner who didn't get their deposit back at the end of the rental...good luck!
Sarah,

Our office - OCF Realty LLC - has many many rentals and our office would be happy to help you! I will explain the process to you regarding the fees, traditionally the tenant does not pay a fee, however, you may encounter smaller credit check fees, etc.

Shoot me an email and I will help you.

Thanks! Philly is a great city - welcome!
Ana Barlow

anabarlow@gmail.com
267.408.8036
Hi Sarah,

I would be happy to speak with you in greater detail about your rental needs. Yes, I think it is well worth working with a realtor to find a place here in Philadelphia. You wouldn't be responsible for paying any fees to me. The landlord pays us directly. If you would like you can search for rentals on my website or I can email some over to you directly if you would prefer. I look forward to hearing from you.

Ian Perler
Sales Manager / Sales Agent
Star Real Estate Group
Mobile (203) 770-3803
Ian@MrPhillyRealEstate.com
You can. We do it all the time. It is free to you. If you are relocating. I would definitely use one in case you don't know the city.

Congrats on your engagement!

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
856.617.1212 m
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference: http://SellingPhilly.com
I think it's worth a shot. Rental markets are different in various parts of the country - some areas and systems work well with Realtors, others do not (different set of resources for rentals). The ones that work well are where the MLS system(s) take rentals and Realtors work that segment of business. Call and talk to a Realtor or get a referral for a good Realtor from a friend and see where the conversation leads you - worse case scenario is that the Realtor can lead you in the proper direction. Hope this helps! Cheers.