Home Buying in San Antonio>Question Details

Christine He…, Real Estate Pro in San Antonio, TX

Would you say that San Antonio is currently experiencing a: ? 1. Buyer's market 2. Seller's market 3. Balanced market

Asked by Christine Henderson, San Antonio, TX Tue Mar 12, 2013

Answers

9
Balanced Market.....quickly migrating to a strong Seller's Market at the end of April. My local indicators are telling me it will be this way until about mid July for Sellers. The activity I'm seeing at Title Companies for residential development (new home builders) is bottle necking for two reasons: 1) available & experienced labor force, and 2) city admin. staff to approve permits and plans. Once these two known factors are alleviated it will change from a Seller's Market. About July, we'd also know if it went back to a buyer's market due to the buying season ending in Mid Sept., and people focusing next on the holidays and travel instead of buying or selling a home.

Bottom line: If you want sell, now is the SWEET SPOT and time to do it!

V/R,
Jesus Soto
Exit Realty Partners II
10010 San Pedro Ave., #100
SA, TX 78216
email: jesus@930exit.com
210.843.6053
I think like every other place San Antonio is seeing a spurt of buyer's activity. Infact you would surprise to see the inventory here, http://www.homestarsearch.com/San-Antonio-Texas
There are many pockets of neighborhoods and areas that are experiencing a HUGE surge of buyer activity and therefor are showing as a seller's market. There is not enough inventory to supply buyer's demands and that's always a good thing for sellers! Buyers have the lowest interest rates and still amazing prices to choose from so they can't go wrong!!

What specific area of San Antonio are you more concerned with?
Definitly 3. "Balanced Market"... Properties that are price under $175k are selling quick, within 30-60 days ... I'm seeing it all over San Antonio, and surrounding areas...

I help my clients get the best deal possible but you have to be ready to look at the property as soon as they hit the market, especially if it's a home that looks nice, in a good location, and priced right to sell... I never want to rush my clients, or make them feel that they have to rush through the process but right now if you want to get a good deal, this is what you have to do to get the right home....
I can start you on a customized search, my system will send you a notice of homes that are available or has status changes that fit your criteria ...Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, I would be happy to earn your business....

Rosie Kelch The Singing Realtor
24 Years of Real Estate Service with A Song
Hablo Y Canto en Espanol
210-846-3027 Mobile Text Friendly
thesingingrealtor@hotmail.com
http://thesingingrealtor.vobre.com/

ICON Realty
Hmmmm...

Interest rates are still low so that encourages more buyers to be motivated. It is still possible to get assistance with closing costs with many sellers of pre-existing homes and even builders. The USDA loan program is still available making getting a Zero Down loan possible, but the map will be re-drawn soon and the areas will be shrinking.

However, one must consider where the target area to purchase is.

Many areas are more popular than others due to proximity to retail centers and outside of city tax zones plus other factors. These homes show a much shorter period of "Days on the Market" so that definitely helps the sellers in that scenario.

Builders have raised their prices recently and most likely will be cutting back on the Buyers concessions soon.

There is definitely an increase in the local activity due to growth in the local economy, population and more.

I would be happy to answer any other more specific questions that you have. Contact me anytime.

Gregory Touchstone
210-660-2834
I think Priscilla is right: It is a buyer's market and a seller's market. Because interest rates are at a historically low level, payments are so low that there is a buyer's market.
But while there is decent inventory, buyers are very choosey now and many houses that are not perfect or great deals are sitting on the market.
Buyers seem to be all after the same houses, creating a seller's market for those with impeccable or bargain homes. I have had several recent deals where there was more than one offer. However, others homes and/or buyers can't seem to find the right deal. There really isn't enough inventory of acceptable houses to call it a buyer's market in that respect. There is simply not enough homes that buyers are finding acceptable.
We still have too much inventory on the market right now to be considered a true buyers market. A seller's market is dictated by a lack of inventory. However, prices are escalating, as certain properties will always remain in more demand than others. Therefore, in certain "niche," areas it may be somewhat of a seller's market since not all areas in ANY market are all the same. There will always be performance factors, and rates of appreciation that are greater than others. Either way, once inventory dissipates we could lean towards a sellers market overall.
The rates are great right now, this is encouraging lots of buyer activities. Sellers are enjoying a lot of activity and getting good market (sometimes higher than markety) values for their homes AND the homes are staying on the market for shorter days on the market - this make everyone happy!

Very good time to be a buyer and a REALLY good time to be a seller.

Call me and let's get you started in finding that perfect home!

Sue
I think it is both right now. Great interest rates for buyers and buyers mean the sellers are actually seeing traffic in showings. If you are thinking of doing either one, it is a good time right now! Give me a call 210-215-7440, if I can assist you!

Enjoy this beautiful weather,
Priscilla Allen
Priscilla@AllenRealtyGroup.com