Home Buying in Nokomis>Question Details

Nokie, Home Buyer in Nokomis, FL

Would you choose Gulf Gate, Nokomis, Sorrento or Venice off Island for a seasonal 2 bed condo under 90,000$. Thx, Cda,.

Asked by Nokie, Nokomis, FL Tue Feb 16, 2010

Answers

3
David Barr’s answer
What these answers fail to address is your financing options. Are you prepared to pay cash? Condo financing is sometimes difficult to get, especially in this market.

Will you be using the property yourself and renting when you aren't here, or will you be using it as pure income producing property?

The Gulf Gate area is better in my view because of proximity to Sarasota and to Siesta Key beaches. There are several established condos in that area, and you will have more options and inventory to choose from than the other areas you mentioned.

David Barr, Broker
Coldwell Banker
941-586-8533 cell
david@davidbarrhomes.com
Twitter: @sarasota_homes
Nokie

You will get more for your money off Island in Venice. There are not that many options in Nokomis or Osprey that would fit your criterea. I would recomend an existing established condo as they tend to be in better shape financialy than the brand new developments. There are a lot of options available so do your homework.

If you need financing or insurance give me a call

Christopher Lyon
Fidelity, LLC
We Insure Florida
941-412-1511
I would say it depends on the stability of the community, the age of the unit, location, has it been updated, amenities within the community, renters vs owner occupied, pets allowed, condo fees, and of course location which would include road noise. I happen to have a short sale listed unit directly across from the Venice Airport listed at $80,000, . Great location. Townhouse format. For more information please contact me at the number below.

Faye Doyle, LLC
RE/MAX Alliance Group
2000 Webber Street
Sarasota, FL 34239
Fax: 941-954-5455
Email: fayedoylellc@gmail.com
Website: FayeDoyle.com