Home Buying in Kahului>Question Details

Nelly Demost…, Home Buyer in Venice, FL

Would you buy a condo in harbor lights condos, Kahului?

Asked by Nelly Demosthenes, Venice, FL Wed Feb 1, 2012

Answers

5
No way, not know. The neighborhood is to sket;hy, lots of crime and drugs.
No, it's low income property and the tenants are usually HUD approved. I was a property manager on Maui for many years, and had some serious problems with HUD people. They rent was always paid on time, because the government always pays on time, but I had some issues with the tenants.
depends on you. some will some won't. just depends on your intentions... at least when you buy with us I'll share my commission with you...
Web Reference: http://kamaainarealty.com
I would. I have friends who live there. The HOA is all inclusive right now, paying all utilities. My friend is selling a unit and will leave it fully furnished. Turn Key. I live in central Maui. There is a newspaper reporter who has lived there 30+ years. Some surfers like it there because of the harbor waves. Some Oahu people own here as a business condo while working on Maui. College students like it there. There are 352 units, that makes for a large mix of Maui folks. It really depends on who you are?
Web Reference: http://mauiredlist.com
Personally, no I would not. It is the lowest level purchase one could make on Maui. They do pencil if you pay cash and get a Section 8 renter, but the conditions are very poor and the monthly HOA fees are very high. There are better options on Maui for investors that pencil out as well. Call or email me and I will get you going in the right direction. 808-280-9545, alan.walls@windermere.com.
Are you a realtor in Maui
Flag Tue Oct 8, 2013