Marie Paige, Both Buyer and Seller in Hartford, CT

Would like to move to Glastonbury, but would prefer a rent to own property on a single family home, where?

Asked by Marie Paige, Hartford, CT Thu Feb 28, 2008

would I go for something like this, As I've just moved to Connecticut from Philly and still have a home there?

Answers

5
Marie, it is a great idea to rent in the area or close to the towns you want to live in. Then you get to know the town and what it offers. Finding a rent to own may be difficult task. If you look on websites like craigslist or reminder.com and the courant.com you may find rentals in the area that are rent to own. I certainly can help with finding a rental for you. Once you have sold or a contract on your current home, then it is much easier to show you homes that you would qualify for.
Web Reference: http://www.elsells.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 28, 2008
Marie,
You might begin looking both at rentals and at property for sale. Most home sellers won't go for the rent-to-own thing but you may have an elderly couple, an investor or someone who has to buy another property out of the area soon and would prefer to rent the house to you than have two mortgages at the same time. And even if they are open to it, they will have to be asked - most won't advertise it.

To look on your own, try craigslist.com or even the Hartford Courant. But ultimately, you probably want to hook up with a real estate agent who can help you find a property.

Also, consider that any mortgage you have on the home in Phialdelphia will affect your ability to qualify for another property, even if it's rented.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 28, 2008
I would be happy to assist you in finding a rent to own property. I've had success with this in the past. Call me and we can begin the process!
You need to align yourself with a top producing realtor who is well respected in Glastonbury. We have few listings in town that actually initially look for a lease/purchase or a lease/option. However, there are opportunities for a rent to own when the listings are not selling at the level the homeowner is looking for. Hope that's helpful.
Hi Marie, if you are working with a realtor, he or she can research homes that have been on the market for a long time. Typically these owners are more open to a rent to own situation if there are no rentals availabl for you at this time. It is easy enough to determine how long a home has been on the market. Happy to help! Enza Dandeneau