Home Buying in Montauk>Question Details

Sri, Home Buyer in New Hyde Park, NY

Would like to know about living in Montauk before looking to buy!!?

Asked by Sri, New Hyde Park, NY Sun Jul 22, 2012

I recently went to Montauk for 10 days this year, and have been there for long weekends in the last 4-5 years always in the summer. I absolutely love it there. I am very outdoorsy - love running, bike riding, ocean/beach, pools, just learned to paddle board - I am considering living in Montauk while I go back to school for a graduate degree. Before I consider buying a condo, however, I would like to know more about what life is like during the off season. How long is off season? I hear most restaurants and places to go out are closed? What is life like and what types of people are living there?

Answers

1
Keep in mind that opinions are oftentimes subjective, whay may be good for one is not necessarily the case for another. Choosing an area is really a matter of personal preferences, wants, needs, lifestyle, etc. Therefore consider revisiting and possibly chat with locals/neighbors; if you are concerned about restaurants, ask your server/employees questions, etc.; then determine if your comfort level can be reached. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.