Home Buying in San Francisco>Question Details

John, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

Would like to buy this home (Randolph Street) using my VA Home Loan certificate.?

Asked by John, San Francisco, CA Mon Nov 10, 2008

Answers

3
Hi John,

The most important item is getting a lender who will work with the VA. Almost as important is finding a house that will qualify in terms of both condition and price.

I located two houses on Randolph so am not sure which one you mean (92 or 618). Assuming that you mean the one in San Francisco, it is a short sale and subject to lender approval. As the VA requires the seller to pay most of your closing costs, it depends mostly if there is a better offer or not.

You could always offer higher to make sure that your offer is better (in price) but then the property has to appraise. Plus an offer with a larger down-payment could beat yours. There are many variables.

Looks like a nice house—from the few photos—it is tenant-occupied so requires an appointment to see it.

My last bit of advice is not to listen to a lot of people from out of the area unless it is very general advice. If an agent is NOT a member of SFAR (San Francisco Association of Realtors), it is very difficult for someone out of The City to write an offer here. (I got mad when a friend told me this 15 years ago before I moved here so I expect to incur wrath—but it is true.)

Rebecca
To search the MLS in San Francisco please check out my website http://www.realtydollars2u.com. If you need help with your purchase please do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks! Ed
More than happy to help you...I work with all Veterans...including LGBT veterans. Feel free to contact me through my profile if interested.
Web Reference: http://www.cindihagley.com
Cindi Hagley,…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA