Amanda, Home Buyer in Holland, MI

Would like to buy a house on land contract with a two yr. balloon.

Asked by Amanda, Holland, MI Mon Nov 22, 2010

My credit is not all that good, wanting to do land contract this way it gives me time to fix my credit but still work on owning my own home. Will be able to have 5-7% down pymt.

Answers

3
Amanda,

There are a few houses listed for sale on land contract. However, most will requre 10% down. Do you currently rent? What is the maximum monthly payment you want to spend for a house? Do you want to stay in the 49424 zip code area?

Tell me a little about your credit. What is the reason you have a low score? Do you feel you can get your score up to around 620 in 1-2 years? How long have you been at your current job?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Roger Roe
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 22, 2010
HI Amanda

Land contracts are few ,sometimes they can not get a mortgage but they are out their. Land contract are done many ways on terms from,years,options,interest rate,etc. I've been writing them for over 30 years please let me know if I can help.

Glenn Pruitt
Amanda,

If you do buy a home this way, just make sure to consult an attorney. Land contracts are very dangerous if you do not understand how they operate. You have very little protection if you miss a payment. A better alternative is to have the owner hold a mortgage. This gives you, the buyer, much more protection. As always, please consult with a real estate attorney prior to entering into any real estate contract.