Rekha, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Would like to buy a 1bd 1 bth condo that is in move-in condition and easy access to a beach. I work in downtown. What neighborhood is good for S/F?

Asked by Rekha, Chicago, IL Thu Dec 27, 2012

Answers

15
Manuel Brown (312) 600-5710’s answer
Rekha,

As you can see you are very popular. There are a number of properties that would work for you from Uptown, Edgewater to East Rogers Park.

They have many good values. Make sure you are pre-approved first for a mortgage so that when you find the condo you like you are ready to go. I recommend Mary Kay with Guaranteed Rate at 773.516.6859. She is GREAT. Also, see what brokers really participate on Trulia answering questions for the neighborhoods that you want to possibly live in.

Best of luck,

Manuel Brown, Broker
iMove Chicago
There are numerous listings in your price range on Sheridan Road (5555 N. Sheridan, 6030 N. Sheridan, 6166 N. Sheridan, 6300 N. Sheridan, etc), Marine Drive (4880 N. Marine) and all of the streets near there (918 W. Winona, etc.). Edgewater is your best bet. You can either take the CTA train to the city or jump on Lake Shore Drive to get to downtown.

Best of Luck! :)

Ilona
312.731.4773 cell
If your budget is in the $50-$80k area then you need to look north to the Edgewater area. 1 Br condos exist there. Should you need any help with your search, feel free to contact me.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
Hi Rekha,

50-80k is a tight budget, have you talked to a mortgage person? You might be able to afford more than you think, if the taxes and assessments are low.

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
Ivan@atproperties.com
you should look @ 180-200 K places..those are in good locations or rent a place for 1700 month
Sounds good just send me and email at jmichaels@remax.net and I will send you my list of properties
Thanks for all the replies. 60601 is where I live right now but I'm looking to move north of the river but south of Roger's Park. Trulia has many listings that I would love to see in the Edgewater, Uptown and LakeView areas.
I would get a good buyers agent. I would interview two or three agents and go with the one you mesh best with. However, for 80k it will be impossible to find a single family in the 60601 zip.
email me at jmichaels@remax.net and I can send you my list of properties with beach access
There are lots of neighborhoods to choose from depending on what you consider easy access to the lake and your price point........gold coast/river north-south/south loop/lakeview all the way to Rogers park/Hyde Park etc. How familiar are you with the city?
My web site has some info on what I do for my clients. Let me know if you have more questions.
There's several nice neighborhoods that fit your criteria either up north or in the south.

Hi Rekha,

Contact me directly or via my website http:// http://(www.SelectiveBuyer.com) and I can send you a list of everything that meets your requirements. I am a full-service real estate broker, and would love to help you find a great property that fits all of your needs/wants.

Additionally, I offer all my buyer clients a cash incentive, after closing, that puts some money back in your pocket. Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have!

Terry Farnsworth

Licensed Broker - Prospect Equities Premier

http://www.SelectiveBuyer.com

terryfarnsworth@prospectequities.com
REKHA,

I have a large and successful group at Jameson Sotheby's, any one of my agents would be more than happy to assist you with your search, as well as negotiations to get you the best deal.

Please contact me at your convenience.

Sohail A. Salahuddin | Founder

Innovative Property Consultants Group | Sales and Leasing

http://www.innovativepropertyconsultants.com

Jameson Sotheby’s International Realty

425 W. North Ave. | Chicago, IL 60610 

O: 312.335.3230 | C: 312.437.7799 | F: 847.805.6030

"Extraordinary Service For Extraordinary Lives"
You will probably be on the outskirts of the city, if you want to stay in that price bracket. If you have flexibility with the longer time period, you might be able to find a short sale or foreclosure in this price range.
A few more details- want to move-in by end of March. Price should be between 50k - 80k. Any buyer's agents out there, please contact me.