Home Buying in Woodland>Question Details

Jeanne, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

Woodland and Wild Wings

Asked by Jeanne, Los Angeles, CA Thu Sep 11, 2008

Hi, I am wondering why are the homes in Wild Wings not selling and why are their prices falling so rapidly. I am considering a purchase there which entails a move from So. Cal. so it's a big decision.
Jeanne

Answers

8
Houses are selling again in Wild Wings and the prices seem to have stabilized. The grounds of the community are starting to be improved. The issue with the sewage treatment plant has been reported to the air resources board and efforts to correct the problem are being made. If not, the CSA will be fined. Some residents have had water pressure issues, I have not. The arsenic issue is under control for now and residents are being taxed to fund future water quality improvements. Yes the board acts on its own. They don't follow their own CC&R's, operating rules or the law. Even when their management company advises them not to do things, they do them anyway. Homeowners will have to resort to the Court system if they want to get the attention of the board. I have been here for 3 years and it doesn't matter who is on the board, something happens and they act like they are above the law.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 31, 2012
I wish people were honest when they post.

The community here is nice. There is a controlling home owners association that appears to act on there own. However, the grounds are beautiful.
The homes are not constructed the best. The water system does have problems. The smell from the sewage system is sometimes over whelming for home owners close to the outlets. The golf course could be a weight around the residents necks as it is a failure for all who have taken it on.

I like where I live and think so far it is best in woodland. Although we did not look a lot before we bought. I just wish people had been honest with me when I bought. I might have still bought but I would feel like I made an educated decision to accept the issues like the water and the god awful smells that keep us from using our pool at times.
Over all it is a nice place to live. All areas have their good and bad.

Good luck to you!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 28, 2011
I live in Wildwings and some of the information in the other answers is incorrect. I have never had a problem with the construction of our house. I think it is well built. I also have never had any grime in my water. It is always very clean. The golf course is up and running and doing well. I think the problem was that there were to many homes bought by speculators. Then many of them bailed on their properties when the real estate bubble burst. I personally love living in Wild Wings. It is peaceful and the views are beautiful. I also feel very safe living there and ofter take walks after dark and never feel scared. It is about 5 miles from town and only takes about 5 minutes to drive into town and not 15 minutes as stated in the other answer. I don't understand why some people like to bad mouth Wildwings. Those who live here love it.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 18, 2010
Hi Jeanne, Wild Wings is a community of very nice homes but it is essentially a new home development out in the country. It is about a fifteen minute drive to Woodland. There were a lot of investors who bought during construction who thought they would be able to sell a year or two down the road for more money than what they paid which did not happen. The golf course (Wildwings, not the flyers club) is insolvent and will likely close unless it can find someone to take it over. The golf course is for sale for $1 currently with the new owner responsible for monies owed.
The homes in Wild Wings are beautiful and at the greatly reduced prices they are selling.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 12, 2008
Hmmm some how Randy Chambers comes up on my computer..... I have business with Randy and he has helped me in the past. However, he did not write this posting. I did .... Randy I am truly sorry and hope the positing can be removed... As fraudulent. accidental but not you!
Flag Sun Oct 12, 2014
Yes, for some insane reason the residence accepted a tax on their property to finance a business that I do not get money from.... Nor do I get a free membership for my monetary support of the Golf course. I get the privilege of funding someone else business with out any advantage to me whatsoever. I am happy with watering the grounds and mowing the grass... Let the families play out there.... If you want to golf then go ahead and pay the fees and support the golf court.... Do not demand my charity! I think we have set this community to have a bad reputation with a rouge board, unwelcoming to kids and high taxes for a golf course open to the public but that we pay for.... who thought of this and was my head in the sand... because i do not know how this happened.... I have pulled my head out of the sand and will be watching those that think they own my association fees.... How about rewinding to a few years ago. and hire a landscaper that really cares and keeps the front yards up !
Flag Sun Oct 12, 2014
The wildwings community is filled with many wonderful residents. Unfortunately, the county and the CSA believe that the community is a great source of FUNDS. Without even letting the residents know about the 218 vote, the county voted to increase the community's water/sewer fees an additional $1,000.00 per year in additional the current $1,700+ water bill. This is quite an increase. Tied to the increase in a yearly sewer increase - so the fees will continue to go up yearly. The water/sewer bill will increase to $3,000.00 per year in another year.

Wonder if the residence will speak up? Imagine the county thinks there aren't any lawyers living in our neighborhood. Wish there were some?
Hello Jeanne,

I am a Realtor with Lyon Real Estate in Woodland. "Love My Home" is correct in their assessment of distance from Woodland. County Road 98 borders the City of Woodland and the rural area. Each road thereafter represents one mile. Wild Wings is located between Road 93 (Furthest point from City) and Road 95 (closer to City) so technically Wild Wings is approx. 4 miles from City Limits. Perhaps Carolyn got stuck behind a tractor one day that wouldn't pull over and let her pass and it took her 15 minutes to get to town; or, maybe someone's cows escaped and held up the highway 16 traffic :-)
Web Reference: http://phoward.golyon.com
Hi Jeanne:

The houses out at Wild Wings are selling. The properties are selling because there are so many short sales and REO properties. When these houses were built in 2004-2006 the builders were using the stated income mortgage programs with interest only and negative amort. I currently have clients involved in a mutiple offer on a 4800 sq ft property.

The Wild Wings subdivision is built approximately 6 miles west of Woodland. This is the only community outside of the City limits that has a water/sewage system. This system is shared with the Wild Wings 9 hole public golf course. The golf course was not success full; the Wild Wings community home owners voted to help the golf course and participate in getting it under new management and turn it around. The County of Yolo charges a Community Service Assessment for the shared water system; this assessment is reflected on the annual tax statement.

If you like more information concerning Wild Wings or any area within Yolo County, please contact me. I have lived in Woodland for 51 years; I am a licensed Real Estate Broker in Woodland and I cover a sixty mile radius.

Vicki Bourn 530-219-4746
The homes are poorly constructed. The water supply has problems. When I fill up my tub there is grime in it. We must get a filter. The golf course has been abandoned Other than the quality it might be because a prison has been approved to be built.

We rent with the idea we would buy one of the homes when we decided on which one. I am so glad we rented first it saved us from a big mistake. We will be moving to another part of town after we do our investigation to find out where the water is good.