Home Buying in Poway>Question Details

Steve Wilner, Home Seller in Poway, CA

Wondering why only find sellers agents and not getting to many buyers agents with a shortage of properties? Is the shortage real or perceived?

Asked by Steve Wilner, Poway, CA Wed Jun 19, 2013

13016 Ashgate Place FSBO -- Make me an offer or come check it out?

Answers

16
There are loads of buyer's agents.

And yes, the inventory shortage is real.

You are probably not getting a ton of activity because many agents don't like working with fsbo sellers.....fair or not, that's the truth.

I have some interesting options for fsbo sellers. I would like to speak with you and come see your home.

Please give me a call...

Cindy Davis, Broker
(619) 379-8616
Don't think we ever talked or you replied? Doing a open listing now so thanks. We're paying 2 1/2 % to the buyers agent if you have any buyers? But guess if you did you would have brought them already? Working with FSBO's to me would be part of the job and I would be working for my clients, just saying!
Flag Mon Jul 1, 2013
Always open to offers and options. The door is open and like your ACTION or call to Action rather than most of the sizzle that gets sold instead of bacon by Real Estate Agents. It might be more work to work with FSBO but have sold three other properties and cooperated with an agent at 4% or done it myself and gotten full value or more......SO to the OTHERS - walk your talk - and I can get in the MLS by paying a service - enough said, bring buyers and offers or options? Not totally motivated and house needs some work, just got part of the fence back up...........still a little more to do, but MOST of today's buyers want turn key so working slowly to that, and with rising prices, not in a have to sell scenario.
Flag Wed Jun 19, 2013
We are a one stop, turnkey family owned and operated real estate brokerage, general contractor, manufactured home dealer and installation contractor, interior design company, developer, property manager and investor with over 100 years of combined experience in the San Diego Market.

Our dedicated specialty is working with BUYERS. Please give us a call at 760 815-6977 or email me in private at surferjohnarendsen@gmail.com and we'll be happy to work with you.

http://www.sandiegorealestatetoday.com
http://www.chadofalltrades.com
http://www.intimatelivinginteriors.com
Hi Steve,
I have a proposition for you, but would prefer to discuss it with you directly. Give me a call when you can.

Thanks!
​Sinead McAllister-Clifford
Real Estate Broker/ Realtor®

McAllister Homes Real Estate
Residential Sales & Property Management
http://www.McAllisterHomes.com
License 01366009
858-205-5215 CELL
info@mcallisterhomes.com EMAIL
I have had the property listed. Probably going to go with an OPEN listing tomorrow, working out the fine points. So most of you sound like listing agents and in today's world specialization is the game, though I like people that are creative and successful and maybe not even worried about twice the work for half the pay, but that isn't true, I'll pay 4% to an agent that brings a buyer and does both sides IF they get the FULL PRICE that many talk about but few deliver, and it is TOP DOLLAR -- the market is waking up there is one in escrow down the street - so bring me a buyer at 416K or buy it yourself for 400K or talk to me or see it and/or just do it as Nike Says :) Right now is the time and think I've answered your questions.....or take a risk and do an open listing. I am fair and will sign a one show agreement is the words we used to use. Thanks for the feedback - sorry for delays, didn't get notice of many of the posts.
Hello fellow Powegian,

Sorry to hear that your experience trying to sell your home is not working out as you would have liked. The key to selling your home is getting it exposed. It sounds as if nobody is really aware of your home being for sale (I live, work, and view approximately 15 homes/week in Poway, yet have not seen or heard of yours). Think of it from this perspective. If you were holding an auction, would your item sell for more if there was one bidder in the crowd, or the whole world? Yes, that is extreme, but it sounds like you are not opening up your property to the world, which is what any REALTOR worth their weight in gold would make sure happens.

As for the inventory levels, which are down anywhere from 30-70% in various areas from last year, yes that is real. Granted, more homes are coming on the market as it's summer time and with rising prices and more people above water, they are putting their homes on the market. Bear in mind that 25% of homes in San Diego are selling in 7 days or less. You only have one chance to make a first impression and it appears you are not even getting the chance to make that first impression.

Should you have any questions or want some insights into selling your home on your own, feel free to reach out. All the best!

Chad Basinger, REALTOR®, CPA, CFP®
858-997-3704
chad@chadbasinger.com
Web Reference: http://www.chadbasinger.com
Well said Chad! I always ask, do you care about my fee or what you net on your home, for the exact reasons you outlined. Cheers!
Flag Fri Oct 25, 2013
Steve,
You clearly understand the issue and actually answered your own question.
-
Buyers are not coming to your home.
What did you expect. You are INVISIBLE!
In the midst of a dramatic inventory shortage...your home is still INVISIBLE.
-
Listing (selling) agents know you need help getting your home in front of buyers.
You should accept the help they offer.
-
Agents won't bring buyers to your house for EXACTLY the same reason you won't accept help from those seller agents who contact you.
What did you expect?
Hi Steve,

Cindy has it correct. The reason agents are reluctant to make an offer on a FSBO is they often end up doing all of the work. Most FSBO's are not familiar with contracts and the process from beginning to end including all of the standard protocol for inspections, termite reports, etc.

The inventory shortage is for real nationally.

Marketing on-line is everything. We are experts in home marketing, please let us know if we can assist in any way.

Best to you,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
National Association of Realtors
CA DRE License 01713506
You should be getting multiple offers. but then you have to manage them to ensure you review every detail and pick the right offer that will perform and close. That process alone will show you the value of working with a professional.

good luck!
Good Afternoon Steve,

The shortage of inventory is real. If you expect to have Buyer's Agents show your home you need to have it properly marketed (including the MLS) and offer a commission to the Buyer's Broker. Depending upon your level of current real estate market experience, you may be able to do this yourself, but I don't recommend it. (Stress, liability, deadlines, inspections, negotiations, repairs, contract details, disclosures, title, escrow, etc...)

Kind Regards,

Marcie Sands, REALTOR
PUSD
Simply The Best Real Estate Co.., Inc.
760-644-1562
I can send you a cash offer today, but since your home is not on the MLS, and you don't even have your contact info. on your trulia profile, I don't know how to contact you. There is a shortage of inventory, but you need to hire a professional to sell your home and get the highest proceeds back to you.
For sale by owners generally sell their homes (when they actually sell them) for about 7 to 10% less than people who hire realtors.

Kevin Sanderlin
Cell 858-212-4702
kevinsanderlin@gmail.com
Hi Steve,
Let me play devil's advocate for you.... say I represent buyers in the Poway area (and I do!). HOW would I know that your home is for sale?
Is it on the MLS?.... NO
Is it on Trulia??..... NO.
How is it being marketed?

How much are you asking for it? I have no idea!

There is value to what we do as Real Estate Brokers and Realtors. You need to bite the bullet and hire a professional! :)

Thanks!
​Sinead McAllister-Clifford
Real Estate Broker/ Realtor®

McAllister Homes Real Estate
Residential Sales & Property Management
http://www.McAllisterHomes.com
License 01366009
858-205-5215 CELL
info@mcallisterhomes.com EMAIL
The reason you are getting contacted by seller's agents is because they want to list your home. The reason you aren't getting contacted by buyer's agents is because dealing with homeowners who are representing themselves is usually a nightmare and ends up being twice the work for half the pay.

There are SO many reasons why you should hire someone to market your home. Just a few:

Buyers don't like dealing directly with owners
It can create liability issues - do you know all the disclosures required to sell your property including local resale requirements?
Seller "marketing" is usually awful and it usually costs.
By not having access to the MLS you are missing out on a LOT of buyers
Look at your marketing, then look at what a pro would do. Here's an example:

http://www.84mangels.com

How does your website stack up? Do you even have a website? Do you have a sign out front with the website url? If the answer is no to any of these questions, find a pro to help you.
This is a tough market and yes there are a lot of buyers out there and not enough listings. I don't know how you are advertising, by not having an agent you are eliminating a lot of buyers to see your home. MLS is a powerful real state engine that brings buyer from all over the world. You need perfasional help to bring you strong buyers, and pay you top dollar for your home. At the end your bottom line will not be affected that much. Call me I will be more then glad to help you.
the shortage is definitely real, selling agents are calling because it is they would like the opportunity to market your home. Average time is just a few weeks throughout Poway. I would maybe suggest that you have a good agent, someone you trust, come in and give you their opinion.
Hi Steve,

I'm not sure if you mean this site, or in general. There are plenty of us buyer's agents. One troubling trend though, I'm seeing more and more listing agents trying to double their commissions by bringing their own buyers for their listings, because listings now tend to receive multiple otters because of the low supply of listings. But, the buyer's agents are out there, and the good ones know how to work around these agents, some of whom will stoop to extremely unethical practices to profit from both sides.

Warm Regards,

Cory La Scala, REALTOR
Independence Realty
619-825-6421 Direct
619-884-3452 Cell
Lic # 01443391
The shortage of properties is very real. Inventory on the market sits for a short time, ex 19 days median on the market for 92128. Is there a shortage of buyers, no. Multiple offers with many all cash. If you are selling your home by FSBO, it should be marketed on craigslist, FSBO, by owner sites. I checked Sandicor, San Diego's MLS system, your property is not listed there so many agents that have buyers are not able to find your property and show it to them. You will need to start advertising online if you want to publicize what you have for sale. You will definitely need pictures too to draw out the serious buyers who are pre-qualified. I'd be happy to help you, just shoot me an email or text and I can get you on the MLS system.

Katie Q. Anderson

http://www.northcountyhomefinder.com

katieQanderson@gmail.com
858.525.5813
Thought I contacted you? I probably am going to get an open listing tomorrow and should be 2 1/2 % to Buyers agent - I can also still sell for 4% if I find the buyer as I understand so keep this email as our contact info and proof and bring a buyer at over 416K that is top dollar, but market is catching up :) and starting the master bath remodel tomorrow should be done in week or so, Thanks Steve
Flag Sun Jun 30, 2013