Home Buying in Texas>Question Details

B3D Investme…, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

Wondering where the best areas are in Texas to invest

Asked by B3D Investments, Atlanta, GA Tue Dec 18, 2012

Hello all,
So we are 3 new investors from Canada looking to purchase multifamily homes in Atlanta and Texas. We have taken many valuable seminars, have read a ton of books and are now ready to start investing in the USA and are looking for help on narrowing down the areas that we would like to invest. We are most interested in creating a profile of multifamily homes and eventually would like to buy apartment buildings. We currently have a few good private lenders who are willing to work with us if the ROI is good and are also hoping to find more lenders to add to our network list. Any info would be really appreciated!

Answers

1
In Texas I would suggest single family instead of multifamily.
You'll likely get newer and better properties.
Also your exit strategy is better with multiple types of buyers and prices.
Selling to another investor is typically a function of the return and investors almost always want a good deal and rarely willing to pay top dollar....so you have to think about that on multifamily.

All I know about is one market and that is the DFW-Dallas Fort Worth area. Lots of investors here from all over the country and all over the world. Returns are good here from what I understand compared to other parts of the country.

Let me know if I can help.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX