Mel, Home Buyer in 49519

Wondering if someone can help us. We are starting to work towards getting our first home. Neither my husband nor I have ever owned a home and

Asked by Mel, 49519 Fri Mar 5, 2010

don't know where to begin. My husbands credit score is 615 and mine is 595 so, I know its not going to be easy. We really need someone to guide us in to purchasing or for someone to show us how to make things better so, we can purchase a loan. Any help would be appreciated. Our current rent is 1077 a month and I know that we could possibly do better than that if we were to purchase. Help please.

Answers

14
Hi Mel,

I recommend that the first thing you do is contact a good loan officer/ lender. This person will advise you of the best ways for you to improve your scores slightly (You will likely need to get them up to mid 600's), so that you can have better financing options. I would be happy to refer an excellent loan officer to you. Feel free to call or email. Phone # 616-942-2449/ email: kevin@forsalebyyoder.com

I look forward to talking with you soon!

Kevin Yoder
616-942-2449
kevin@forsalebyyoder.com
http://www.grandrapidsrealestatepros.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 5, 2010
49519,

Talk to a local lender and get a pre-approval letter. Scan the internet to see what is available in your price range and hire a qualified realtor! That is the 1-2-3 of homebuying. Real Estate is local, so use local lenders as well as a local realtor who knows the area. Get your favorits list together. What in a home attracts you? Find neighborhoods in your area that have your favotites. Buying a home is also buying a lifestyle! Best of luck to you...now is a Great Time to buy a house and if you are a first time homebuyer, you have until April 30 to be under contract to qualify for the first time homebuyers tax credit!

Debbie Albert
Coldwell Banker
http://www.ronanddebbie.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 5, 2010
Melissa,

In looking for an agent the most important thing is knowing who the agent represents. The best type of agent is an Exclusive Buyer Agent. This means they focus all of their efforts on you, the buyer. They never list properties for sale and do not work for a broker that lists properties for sale.

Our firm, Turning Point Buyers Realty, is the only such company in West Michigan. With us you never have to worry about representation, or ending up in a dual agency situation.

We would love to have the opportunity to help you and your husband find the investment that best fits your needs and desires. We can be reached anytime at 616-458-5000 or toll free at 866-543-3118.

Rick Vorel
Web Reference: http://www.tpbr.com
Thanks everyone for your responses. We were able to find a broker to help us get approved. Jeffery has been approved. Now we need to find an agent and a home.

thanks again for all your help.
Melissa
Mel,

I am currently working with two people in the Grand Rapids area that found me on Trulia and have middle scorres below 620. I am able to finance FHA Purchases down to a 580 middle score and get your loan closed very quickly. However, in both cases these clients contacted me with less than 620 scores and are now buying with over 620 scores. It's very easy for me to get your scores over 620 when you are as close as you are. I have the ability to show you how to make small adjustments to your current account balances and then re-score your credit report. WIthin 3-5 business days you will see new improved scores, which will qualify you for a better interest rate that with a 580. Either way I can get a deal done for you and would be happy to put you in touch with the others I am working with so that you might feel more confident about my abilities. Please do yourself a favor and give me a call asap.

TJ Malkasian
Top Flite Financial
P: 616-433-7066
Email: TJ@TopFliteFinancial.com
A review of your credit report will determine if and when you will be able to acquire FHA financing. Currently our minimum standard is 620 mid score. You are not far from this. It could be that some credit needs to be paid down in order for your score to increase. While the score is one important component there is a entire scorecard of factors in determining eligibility. Current FHA rates are below 5% even with a lower credit score. You need to act quickly if you want to taek advantage of the Federal Tax benefit . you may also qualify for the MCC tax credit depending on eligibility. To determine this you will need to do a full appication for employment and income information.
I can help you with this info.....no charge or obligation, if you would like to follow up with me.

contact me at 616-242-9790 x 9275 or roger.danielski@lmcu.org
Good afternoon Mel, It looks like several Real Estate Agents gave great answers to your question, however they all recommended that you speak with a lender or loan officer prior to house shopping.

We have a couple of perfect programs for first time home buyers as well as those with not the best credit. We will take a look at your situation and put together the best options to help you.

Once we give you a preapproval then you can work with any of the great Real Estate agents that answered your question. Give me a call when you find time at 1-800-555-2098 and ask for Anthony. We'll be glad to help!
Web Reference: http://riverbankfinance.com
Hi Mel,

You're starting in the right place by dealing with the credit score issue. Lending standards have tightened up considerably, so working with a good lender right out of the gate can make a HUGE difference in your successful goal of home ownership.

It's also important to have a plan in place. Prior to looking at homes, we sit down with our prospective home buyers to fully explain the home buying process and to answer questions. We have found that this free, no obligation meeting provides folks with important information and helps make the process much easier. Education is the key!

You may contact us @ 616-791-0511 or info@auduhomes.com if you have further questions or would like more information.
Web Reference: http://www.auduhomes.com
Contacting a lender/loan officer is an excellent place to begin. The lender/loan officer will guide you through the process of getting approved for a loan. Once you are approved for a loan you will know the price range of homes you can afford and better know what to shop for. I would be happy to help you with any questions you may have about the buying process. Feel free to contact me through Trulia or at robbbreen@remax.net
Good Afternoon Mel,

Well the first thing I would recommend is getting setup with a search profile so you are recieving listings everyday for houses that you define in a search criteria (location, price range, amenties, etc.). I can help you with this, just give me a call @ 616-866-5974. Next, since much of the market is either foreclosures or short sales it's best to get pre-approved through a mortgage loan officer - I have a few different loan officers I can recommend. From there it will be just reviewing the houses, driving by them to see if the pictures match up and the nieghborhood is acceptable. Then we will schedule times for us to go through them. I have been a Realtor for over 30 years, have mortgage loan officer experience and licensed in the State of Michigan with title insurance, so I can be a great asset for you, just give me a call when you have a minute and we can discuss - 616.866.5974.

Have a great afternoon and wonderful weekend! I look forward to speaking with you.

Dave VDovick
Independence Realty
Bus: 616.866.5974
TF: 866.801.2340
Fax: 616.855.1796
dvdovick@grar.com
Web Reference: http://www.vdovickgroup.com
Hello Mel,

I'd be happy to meet with you along with one of my preferred lenders to discuss the opportunities for you and your husband. Every situation is different, so I'd love to sit down with you and discuss the different options, along with a lender who can directly give you an answer to your potential qualification. I specialize in working with first time home buyers, and it's great time to look into it with the tax credit! Please give me a call at 616-776-9055 or email me at bethany@thinkbluhouse.com to set something up. Hope to hear from you soon!
I can help you. Please call me so we can discuss your options further. I look forward to speaking with you. Joe Siereveld Keller Williams Realty 616-262-1958
It's great that you are working toward becoming a homeowner and the first person that you should contact is a mortgage specialist. A mortgage specialist will look at your credit and financial situation and will let you know what you can afford in a home, or if you need to do some things first to improve your credit and financial situation. If you don't know a mortgage specialist, you can go to your local bank and ask the manager he could refer you to a specialist in their mortgage division.
Sure, I can help you. You still have buying options with those credit scores. Give me a call (616) 540-4417 or email me.