Barb3843, Home Buyer in Madison County, NY

Wondering how long it takes to get the clearance to close after all conditions have been met for a mortgage?

Asked by Barb3843, Madison County, NY Fri Dec 9, 2011

Answers

4
If all of your documentation has arrived to the underwriter and there is not anything else they need it should be with 24-72 hrs. I have been in a short sale since 8/22/2011, and finally on Friday I obtained my clearance to close. From the time it went to the underwriter to the final clearance to close to less than a week. Now I am working on a date the attorneys can agree on so I can get the keys to MY FIRST HOUSE!!!! Tentative date for this Thursday...
Your banker will be best able to advise - but once you are "clear to close" it is generally a matter of the attorneys agreeing on a date/time to close.

Best of luck to you,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
To answer your question, after conditions such as home inspection and bank apprasial has been met, the bank and the attys take approx. 4 weeks after that.
When the loan officer calls you to tell you that they are cleared to close its about a week after that if the attys can all agree on a date and time.
That just depends on the underwriter. You can ask your loan officer.
Web Reference: http://tampahouse1.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011