Home Buying in Pelican>Question Details

Jim.makepeac…, Home Seller in Cleveland, OH

Wondering how long (average by boat) to get to the river. Ex, btwn C Coral Pkwy & Beach Pkwy, and btwn El Dorado & C Coral Pkwy (west of Pelican)?

Asked by Jim.makepeace1, Cleveland, OH Mon Jan 21, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://=www.trulia.com/property/3106610613-2817-Beach-Pkwy-W-Cape-C… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/property/3106610613-2817-Beach-Pkwy-W-…

Answers

10
If you go to FLGulfHome dot com website it has all Cape Coral canal maps with boating routes, times, distances and bridge clearances.
Going out between Beach & Cape Coral Pkwy is very quick however you will have more travel time once you are out in the river to go to the Gulf as compared to where you come out of west of Pelican. You have more time at idle speed going through those canals so by the time you reach the Gulf you will not be significantly different. It is just a little more fun going faster. Happy boating and if you need assistance, do not hesitate to contact me as I have been doing this for 24 years now.
Hi Jim,
That location will take about 45 minutes to get out. Anything above beach will need to go under the bridge between 36th and 37th terrace. With this house that means you will need to travel north to go under the bridge than back track south on the spreader to the lock. A lot of my clients that like that area try to stay south of Beach for that reason. If you're not already working with an agent, I would be happy to help.

Have a great day,
Nancy
Hello Jim,

All the answers are relatively correct information for you :)

I generally explain that you can estimate 10 minutes per mile when in no wake zones...which is much of your travel time in this location.

A very pretty and well sought after area...I live in this area and love it.

If you would like to learn more about our canal systems and have a specific type boat to accommodate, feel free to contact me with any further questions...I have been a resident in Cape Coral since 1973 and would be happy to help you with your real estate goals whether immediate or long term.

All The Best,

Debbie Stack
239-677-7186
debbie@stackofhomes.com
http://www.stackofhomes.com
Thank you for the quick answers and for the most part, the estimates were in-line of what I expected running through no-wake/idle zones.

-Jim
Anywhere from 30-45 minutes would be a conservative estimate. Most of the canals with homes on them are considered "no wake" zones and idle speed is pretty much what you are looking at. While this can be great for sight seeing, working on the tan, or meeting some new folks along the way, it is not the most pleasurable use of your boat or your time.

Homes along the river in the yacht club area offer the fastest access to the Caloosahatchee. South of Cape Coral Pkwy and exiting through Cape Harbor and Tarpon Point Marina is also very popular. For the NW section of Cape Coral, the area around Ceitus Pkwy is also in demand.
Jim, you're looking at about a 20-25 minute boat ride to the river. Let me know if I can help you in any other way. Thanks
The home you referenced could take you 45 minutes or so. I have never personally boated from that area but friends of mine that use to live in that area say it took them about 45 minutes to get to the river.

I do have a nice color coded map that shows you gulf access canals vs fresh water canals, bridges etc...If you would like me to mail you a copy please email me at leecountyrealtor@earthlink.net or give me a call at 239-707-4575.
You are looking at 45 minutes to the river on average from that area. Are you considering purchasing a home or lot in that area? Waterfront lots and homes are selling quickly right now. Visit my website for more information about waterfront properties. I have a good relationship with 3 custom builders in Cape Coral. You can build cheaper than you can buy 5-10 year old gulf access homes right now. I would recommend going that route if you are looking for a home to live in. That way you get exactly what you want and have a warranty as well.

Israel Emory
239-292-2499
Tropicalwaterfronthomes.com
A pretty good rule of thumb is 5 minutes for every mile in the canal.