Home Buying in Lakewood>Question Details

Chris, Home Buyer in Lakewood, NJ

Wondering about Lakewood, NJ.

Asked by Chris, Lakewood, NJ Sat Jul 18, 2009

I'm considering buying my first home (which will also be my retirement home) in Lakewood, NJ because of the great deals you can get there now. I'm not sure of the neighborhood though. I don't want to live in a neighborhood where Cops will be filmed. Some of the homes I've looked at are on streets that are iffy. Not sure if I'd want to take a walk at night. I've looked around Jeffrey Street, Marshall Drive, Erica St. Any comments?

Answers

3
Chris,

As with other townships, each area in Lakewood offers diverse opportunities that are changing almost daily.

Since you mention that this would be your "retiremement home", I can't help but to mention the neighboring township of Brick which was named the "safest" town in the country in '06 or '07 (can't recall which year) and has a number of active adult communities (homeownership requiring one owner to be 55 years or older) that offer not only the pride of homeownership in the same price range as those homes on Jeffrey St, Marshall Dr and Erica St, but activities that you can choose to be involved with or not.

In my view, based on the info you have provided, it appears that an active adult community in either Lakewood or Brick would best suit your needs.

Love and Peace,
Francesca, Realtor, ePro
Francesca@PatrizioRE.com
Web Reference: http://www.PatrizioRE.com
Hi Chris.

SInce you mentioned that you were looking for a retirement home, I would suggest looking into one of the several active adult communities in Lakewood. All of them offer numerous amenities which can include swimming pools, clubhouses- which also host activities, tennis courts, and golf courses. Most of the communities are gated which yields a safe community and peace of mind for you. A client of mine in Leisure Village is actively involved in the clubhouse activities, hosts several of her own- poker nights are her favorite, and assures me that the community is pleasant, welcoming and friendly. A client of mine in Four Seasons Lakewood goes bike riding with several of her nieghbors and raves about their golf course. Four Seasons is also a very safe and peaceful place to live.

I would love to discuss this further with you and mention the other numerous options you have available either by phone or in person. There is a great little pastry shop in Lakewood.

Best

Artyom
The Rogov Team
(908) 216-5066
Chris- I don't know about Lakewood, but your could; ask the local police, read the local papers, ask neighbors, drive around.
My wife and I just got back from a 2 week vacation in Maine. One of the first things we did was drive around our neighborhood, just to check it out. We live in Crestwood Village 6, Manchester Township. We drove slow- it is good to get back home. Folks sitting on the porches or patios. One resident was out in her garden and we chatted with her. She showed us photos of a fawn that was born in her back yard, it's wonderful. After talking a few minutes she invited in to see her home of 25 years. It's the same model as ours so we could compare notes.
Anyway - the way i am looking at things now (@64 years old) I wouldn't consider a place to live, IF I thought it won't be safe for my wife in 20 years. We can get together for coffee if you would like. I can fill you in on some of the 60 adult communities we have in Ocean and Monmouth Counties.