Tiffani King, Real Estate Pro in Southaven, MS

With foreclosures being such a huge issue around the US, do you think that homeowners should come together & keep the foreclosed properties up to

Asked by Tiffani King, Southaven, MS Wed Nov 20, 2013

part I think it is a great thought. So many times foreclosures are left in a awful state with overgrown yards and trash. What are your thoughts?

Answers

2
Hi Tiffani,

I think that is a great idea. It doesn't take too much effort to go over and mow the lawn next door or send your teenager over there to pick up trash or leaves. It doesn't need to be the greatest job ever. Just enough to keep the home from being an eyesore.

Neighborhoods with homeowner's associations sometimes use the general funds to have this taken care of and to keep the neighborhood looking nice. But even places without an association would be well served to kick in some money towards this or just do it out of the kindness of their heart.

It's not their duty by any means, however, this helps them out as well. It helps a little to keep their property values from tanking, and it probably enhances the chances of getting good neighbors in there.

My point is that it doesn't take a lot to do this, and the benefits are probably well worth it.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 20, 2013
It's an issue for some homeowners to keep their own properties up to par. Maybe we should do that first.