Home Buying in Vancouver>Question Details

Sue Roy, Home Buyer in Dublin, CA

Windy area in Vancouver, WA Would like to buy a home but not in a windy area.

Asked by Sue Roy, Dublin, CA Wed Jan 30, 2013

My husband will be working for Fisher Investments 5525 N.W. Fisher Creek Dr, Camas. I would like to live with in 10-15 mins from his work. But I don't want to be in a windy area. I love Fishers Landing but a co-worker of my husband said it is really windy there. I also like Maple Crest neighborhood.

Answers

3
Hi Sue,

I moved from the Bay Area a long time ago and we currently live in Fisher's Landing. Your co-worker is correct that East Vancouver is windier than other parts of town, however, that is not to say it is always windy - just during certain "storms" or when those East winds kick up. To be perfectly honest, I've never really considered it to be a "windy area". I certainly wouldn't suggest a different part of town if that is the only thing you're worried about because it isn't significant enough be a concern.
Hi Sue... I think you dropped into my website.. at BestVancouverSearch.com
What you are asking for is reasonable, but it takes considerable knowledge of the area, homes and the topography/geography.

there are some more protected areas, on the north face. But the truth is.. when the wind comes through the columbia river gorge (remember its the windsurfing capital of the world).. it releases in east clark county/camas.

Going to the north side of the hill helps, but north and behind a hill is even better.

If you'd like some personalized service.. find me on my website
I think as for raising a family, great shopping, dinning and more are best in this are. I have been born and raised all over the metro area and this is the best school district around. Low crime (crime doesn't have an address) yes it will be windy and rainy but that's just the northwest. I have been here almost 3 years and love it!
*area. sorry for typo's
Flag Wed Jan 30, 2013