Home Buying in Belle Plaine>Question Details

Timnlinda, Home Buyer in Belle Plaine, KS

Will you or one of your Agents help us find a Rent to own Home in or around the Mulvan ,Bell Plaine . Ks Area

Asked by Timnlinda, Belle Plaine, KS Mon Oct 28, 2013

Answers

3
Rent-to-own, owner finance, or lease-purchase agreements are not common, but if you have a downpayment you might be able to find a seller that is in a situation that they could sell under one of these senarios. You can ask the listing Broker/Realtor or submit an offer with your own Realtor and see if they are open to that.

Ed Burrows

J.P. Weigand & Sons
415 E. 4th
Belle Plaine, KS 67013

Office: 620-488-2785
You probably don’t want to hear this, most people do not listen when the truth conflicts with their desire, but here goes…

Fix your issue and then buy a home.

Someone motivated by the fear caused by not being able to borrow the money for a purchase through normal lending channels will often make the problem worse. If you have been turned down for a mortgage and are desperate enough to try and “work around” the system that is in place to protect you, then the chances of you being hurt financially increases dramatically.

People are not aware there are existing guidelines covering rent to own transactions that a mortgage underwriter must follow when the “Buyer” tries to pay off the seller. And that the guidelines are specific not only to the wording of the contract but also to the type of loan being used.

Want more? How about a big one? Individuals that think all they are trying to overcome is one specific timeline that has derailed their plans are about as far from reality as you can get. I had someone call me just last week who thought the timeline was behind them by 6 months, they were still several years out. This stuff doesn’t take place in a vacuum; the mortgage underwriter MUST look at the entire picture, not just a single timeline.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
I answer questions about financing real estate based on my decades of experience dealing with mortgage underwriters. This answer is my personal opinion, has not been reviewed or approved by the company I work for. I do not offer legal or tax advice, if you need answers from an attorney or CPA find one knowledgeable in your local market.
Web Reference: http://jamessimms.com/
These are really very rare because they don't work so owners avoid wasting their time with them since most never work and the owner gets the house back to try and sell again. The rents just lose more money a waster their time. Just rent and buy when you can, it will work out better for you.