Home Buying in Grayslake>Question Details

traycebb2, Home Buyer in Grayslake, IL

Will there be an Open House on this property soon?

Asked by traycebb2, Grayslake, IL Wed Aug 22, 2012

Answers

20
John Walin’s answer
Chadwick is a short sale and the one on mt vernon is already under contract since June also a short sale. Free bit of advice, stick to REO bank owned foreclosures and avoid short sales. Takes forever to get bank approval and often sellers fake hardships and delay the process just to delay foreclosure and live there for free while they go through the motions. A lotta fakers out there! Straight up sales or REO's are the better way to go. Stewart is a great guy, ask his opinion of chasing short sales. My two cents is there is enough inventory out there to focus on straight sales REO's. Some short sales are preapproved at asking price. If it specifically says that, then you can be assured that the bank will take a full asking price offer. Too often i have seen where the bank counter offers higher than the contract price between the buyer and seller and the buyer walks after two months of thinking they bought a house.

if you like my answer, best answer and thumbs up me, Thanks and good luck!
How did this situation resolve itself???
Yes, we hope to have the house on the market by the end of the month!
Hi Traycebb2,
I have to disagree with John, You should not discount short sales, with the proper research and due diligence a short sale can be a very profitable way to buy a house. Banks are starting to approve short sales in shorter time than ever before. However there are some unknowns involved with them. That is why a good amount of work on the part of a skilled agent can help guide you in the right direction. There are many steps I take to help stack the odds in your favor.

Bottom line is don't discount short sales until you have all of the information needed to make a wise decision for you and your needs.
Jim
Hi Trayce,

This one is a short sale, been on the market 115 days- It's a huge townhouse! I'll call you as soon as I'm out of my meeting to further discuss.

Stewart
Hi Sewart... is this one a short sale. Please give me a call about this property. Thanks. Trayce
$159,900

560 Shoreline Drive, Grayslake IL 60030

MLS/ID:

08056041
Thank you John. I did not know and I appreciate the valuable information.

Trayce

Thanks Stewart. No hurry just give me a call when you can.

Trayce
I know Grayslake well, so I'm confident I'll be able to help you start your search. I'm meeting with clients in just a moment, but will call you asap to discuss your needs!

Stewart
Thank you Stewart. Like I said we are very preliminary with our search. We like Grayslake and are currently living in Grayslake. I have not seen property in the back side of Cherry Creek and would like to get a feel of the property. There are also others we would like to run past you.
The home on Chadwick is available, however the list agent has no plans for an open house at this time. He did mention that it was easy to show, should you wish to take a look at it. Unfortunately, the home on Mt. Vernon is already under contract. If you need anything else, please let me know.

Stewart
773-988-1710
Wow such service. Well we are looking in Grayslake and I have found 2 properties I am interested in looking at.

1082 Chadwick Dr. MLS 08130453

1182 Mt. Vernon Drive MLS 07884358

Trayce
If you would like to share the address, I can look to see if there is an open house scheduled for the house. Would you also like a list of homes that may fit your needs in the area.
Thank you and I will be in touch soon.
No probelm at all! If you can please text or email me the exact address, I'll contact the listing agent to see when/ if they're planning their next open house and get right back to you.

P.S. Don't ever worry about wasting our time- Helping potential buyers is what us agents like to do!

Stewart
773-988-1710
stewartramirez@aol.com
I would be glad to advise you which houses are open in Grayslake. Please contact me at (847)557-8542 or email: bfair101@aol.com
I thank you for the answer but we are very preliminary right now and I do not want the Real Estate Rep. to use his/her time when I could check out the property duing an open house.
Good Morning! I'd be happy to set up a showing of this home- and any others that may interest you- at your convenience. Please call or text me at 773-988-1710 for an immediate repsonse.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Kindly,
Stewart Ramirez, CDPE
http://www.VueHouses.com
If you are interested,
why don't you arrange a Private Showing with your Realtor:
They can arrange everything.