Home Buying in Payson>Question Details

Colleen Holm…, Home Buyer in Flagstaff, AZ

Will the market fluctuate much seasonally in Payson- i.e is it better to wait until winter to buy?

Asked by Colleen Holman, Flagstaff, AZ Sat Oct 13, 2012

Answers

1
In my 18 year real estate experience here in Payson,I can't say it will fluctuate much as to asking price. However, the buyer is usually in a better negotiating position in the fall and winter months. Most years we have a lot of buyers during the summer. Informed buyers and sellers are aware of this. Sellers begin to panic about this time of the year, and buyers can offer(or negotiate) a price for less in a good percentage of cases.

If you are planning to buy this season, I suggest you contact me directly now, so we can begin seriously to look at what is available. Buying a home is a process- sometimes with time delays we don't expect (especially in this market- financing, etc). Then when the right home surfaces in our search, you will be recognize it and be prepared to move quickly. The exceptionally good ones don't stay on the market long.

I look forward to hearing from you.