Home Buying in Boyle Heights>Question Details

rb404, Home Buyer in 90071

Will the increase in rents and condo prices downtown create demand for properties in nearby Boyle Heights? Can BH be the next Brooklyn?

Asked by rb404, 90071 Mon Jan 20, 2014

Add some detail about your question

Answers

6
I live and work in Boyle Heights...My rental has experienced great demand and there is higher price increases for homes in the South West part of Boyle Hts. which is closer to Downtown and the Arts District, as this area is closer to both Metro stations. As far as being the next Brooklyn ....who knows? but check crime rates and there is definitely been an improvement than when I bought here 9 years ago...and people walking dogs are being seen more and more. There is even an art colony on Cesar Chavez and Echandia North side of the street. In my open houses in the area I definitely see folks considering the area who once would not venture East of North Mission Rd. unlike 4 or 5 years ago due to unaffordable homes elsewhere... The beautification project along 1st Street corridor is also helping clean up that commercial street and attracting new hip and fun shops and businesses... Jose Leiva, Century 21 All Stars. :) I could go and on if you have more specific area or street questions.
I would agree with Alex, nothing close to Downtown LA will ever be considered the next Brooklyn as Downtown LA in itself is nothing like other big cities such as San Diego or San Francisco, where real estate prices are much higher downtown, but it is a great up and coming neighborhood. Have a wonderful rest of the day and know that I'm here to help should you need my assistance!

Tom Bashe l Broker l SCA Real Estate l 951.547.0705 l Tom@SCARealEstate.com
Well, the new developments are certainly a step in the right direction for Downtown.
The increase in rents Downtown are having some effect on surrounding arounds such as Boyle Heights. This is an option for many Downtowners. I have sold and shown properties in Boyle Heights to clients from Downtown area. I have worked the Downtown and surrounding areas for many years, Call me with any questions about your area or Downtown to discuss details of the 2 markets. Reach me at 213.629.2530.
Russell Chan, WILSHIRE METRO REALTY.
The increase in downtown rents and condo prices there could give renters the incentive to buy homes in Boyle Heights, or wherever they can afford a house. Last year I showed homes in those areas. I also had downtown renters come to an open house I had in Glassell Park.
Please call me at 818-730-8635 if you want to discuss the current selling prices .
Clint Lohr, Keller Williams World Media Center.
No way to tell if it will become the next Brooklyn but it is definitely an area with increasing values.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com

408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com