Home Buying in Adams Park>Question Details

Oftrue, Home Buyer in College Park, GA

Will the VA approve a my loan, if the house looks perfect, and move in ready, but the bonus room is unfinished?

Asked by Oftrue, College Park, GA Thu Mar 14, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3009529993-1630-Boulevard-Lor…

Answers

3
Most likely you will be able to; however, take a picture of the room and submit to your mortgage company and discuss the situation.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 15, 2013
Where is the bonus room located? If it is at the terrace level or basement and its studs and no flooring then probobly not. If its in the actual living area, say on the second floor then it might be problematic. Here is what you may want to do. Contact the VA and ask them as they can give you a definitive answer. If I can be of any more help to you, please contact me.
If it has the # of bedrooms required by the local codes. The safest way to get your answer is to talk to your loan officer who is doing your loan. Each sale is different..