Home Buying in Spring Hill>Question Details

Bill Holm, Home Buyer in Anchorage, AK

Will sink hole homes always have "CONFIRMED SINKHOLE ACTIVITY" on the tax report.?

Asked by Bill Holm, Anchorage, AK Sat Apr 20, 2013

I found a PERFECT home off County line road but couldn't get proper insurance as it had a sink hole claim and the tax report refelected that with the confirmed sinkhole activity statement. I was wondering if there was a way to hid it. I'm just gun shy now of any Spring Hill home.

Answers

1
There is no way to clear a home from having sinkhole issues disclaimed. if the home was repaired properly, and all reports available there should be no insurance issues.
Thanks William. Problem was the repair was done in 2003 and the records of the claim payout and home value at the time are not available (travelers was the carrier and they destroy records after 7 years) Citizens will NOT issue a policy for coverage without knowing those two things...At least that's what I was told by 3 brokers. Only option was LLoyds ($4100 yr) Scottsdale ($3700) without OUT any coverage ofor sinkholes or setting damage. If anyone has any other ideas I'm open.

But let me make the question clearer...if a home has ever had a sinkhole claim there's not a way the seller could keep that a secret is there?
Flag Sat Apr 20, 2013