Maiv, Home Buyer in El Dorado Hills, CA

Will homebuilder give any incentives to "Quick Move" homes?

Asked by Maiv, El Dorado Hills, CA Sun Mar 23, 2014

Hi, I'm interested in purchasing a new construction home in a specific community in Serrano. I just found out that all the lots have been sold (bummer); however, there one property left that is a "quick move". Despite the upgrades that are already included in the home, per the Sales Rep, it is priced "low". I'm looking to move asap and is considering this property; however, for me, the upgrades that were included in this home is not significant (i.e. it comes with designer cherry cabinets and I do not like dark color wood whatsoever). The lot location is not the best either. If I do go with the builder's lender, they'll offer 10K back and that's it. My question is: Is it possible to negotiate the pricing or add additional upgrades? I guess if the builder/lender is willing to give me more than just the 10K closing cost incentives then I would be happy, otherwise I will reconsider.

Answers

8
My experience is "can't hurt to ask". I think outside the box. Let's put an offer together and start negiotations.

To answer a few if your questions, I'd love to talk about options. They are vast and many. Bottom line, what's most important to you, features or price? Location or a deal? Floor plan and amenities or living in a beautiful home that is exactly what you desire (usually cost more)?

Timing sometimes can be an incentive, other times not. Just have to get the offer written and start the negiotations. Give me a call please, and I'll fight to get you the best deal possible!

Suzie Peterson, century 21, 916-792-1362.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 24, 2014
Developers typically do not like dropping price as it sets the bar for further pricing, but if it's the last one that is no longer a concern and might be possible.

There are other credits/upgrades you can get aside from closing costs - find a local pro with experience in this type of property.

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
King Realty Group

lance@king-realtygroup.com
415.722.5549
BRE# 01384425
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 24, 2014

On a similar note.. I recently purchased a home, 3 weeks ago now.

Approx. 10 days after closing, the builder decided to offer free A/C to any new home buyers. I was charged a $4k upgrade fee for this.
I feel a little bamboozled since it's within 30days of purchase. Am I asking too much for them to reimburse me this charge?

Miguel
Flag Mon Apr 21, 2014
How much they will offer you depends on badly they want that sale. Usually once the upgrades are on place the builder will not make more.

I would really causation you on the comment that you made of the home's location not being the best. As a Realtor the location is Key when you want to sell the home. Please contact a local Realtor for their professional advice so that you can make a good choice.

I wish you the best!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 10, 2014
Yes, I do it all the time. The onsite sales rep is authorized to sell the house for a certain price; anything lower needs to be submitted to their manager. Make them an offer.

When you want to buy a home the best place to start is to hire an EXCLUSIVE Buyer Agent, not just a Buyer's Agent. EBAs only work with homebuyers and there is never a conflict of interest that will jeopardize your negotiating position. I can refer you to an EBA in your area, if you like.

I've written a best selling book called Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You. It'll teach you how to buy a home and get a mortgage without getting ripped off. Follow the link below.

Best of luck!

Alysse Musgrave
214-734-3863
Alysse@HelpUBuyAmerica.com
http://www.HelpUBuyAmerica.com
Every thing is negotiable and if you don't ask you don't receive. They have not put their best offer out there so go for it but don't be greedy as the greedy person finishes last for sure.
A buyer's agent can help you negotiate a price that makes sense to you. The property value is determined by what someone is willing to pay for it so with the help of your realtor, you can decide based on location, size & amenities what the home is worth to you. When the builder is trying to close a development, there can be a huge incentive to move the remaining properties. If they don't have other buyers lined up, you could get a great deal.

It is critical though that you look at all of your costs before you decide to go with their lender. I always recommend my clients check with at least 2 lenders so they can compare. It won't do you any good to save $20k on the home if the loan they put you in costs you $50k more than one you could have gotten elsewhere.

If you need a lender referral, email Amy at Vitek Mortgage aquijada@teamvitek.com.

If you have further questions, you can reach me at syoffie@golyon.com
I negotiated an excellent deal with a different builder in El Dorado Hills. No one agreed that I could get the deal, but I tried and succeeded. So, yes it is possible!
The lender is giving you an incentive because they are giving you a horrible rate. Don't be fooled by the lender. Let me assure you that they are not going to give you a deal where they don't come out ahead. Just send me an email if you have any further questions.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer

http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com
408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com