Home Buying in Nashville>Question Details

brittany, Other/Just Looking in 37203

Will getting a secured credit card help boost a credit score? How long will it take for the card to show up on your credit report? Any info will be?

Asked by brittany, 37203 Thu Nov 14, 2013

greatly appreciated!

Answers

4
Hey Brittany,

I think I responded to your other post.

It all varies from client to client.

If you are working with a lender and they have told you to get one then they are trying to establish another line of credit.

Feel free to call me at any time.

Getting a credit card isn’t that difficult and you can use it just for a tank of gas/getting your nails done once a month.

We work with clients all the time and help them establish more credit.

Without speaking directly with you I don’t feel I can give you the best answer.

We have endless amounts of resources and they will be at your disposal.

We help lenders in the middle Tennessee area and possibly can help you get your scores to where they need to be a lot faster.

615-400-8515

-Bailie Rhea
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 17, 2013
Initially, no it will not boost your credit score. In fact, a brand new credit card will reduce your credit score at first.

What boosts your credit score is establishing a payment history on this account. Generally it will take 30-60 days from the time you open the account and begin using it/paying on it to reflect on your credit report.

And generally once you establish a 12-24 month history it will have the most positive effect on your credit.

It's not an instant fix but a secured credit card is a good first step towards establishing or re-establishing good credit.
pm me I have a friend that helps folks with their credit scores, debt consolidation, etc.
Yes, a secured card does help build up your credit score. It normally shows up within 30 to 45 days. If you're not working with a Lender, I can refer you to one that can help you with boosting your score and getting preapproved. Let me know how I can help. Thanks LaTonya Martin, Broker Grande Style Homes. http://Www.grandestylehomes.com (615) 582-1156.