Gatr796, Home Buyer in Tampa, FL

Will an agent help me find a house for myself before any investors can get them?

Asked by Gatr796, Tampa, FL Mon Feb 25, 2013

Every house on the market seems to need lots of work or way over priced in hillsborough county. was searching through a friend who was a realtor.

Answers

8
Annette Lawrence’s answer
Of course they will!
HOWEVER,
The agent may expect a commitment from you before investing the energy, resources and money to find real estate that no one else knows about.
-
The agent may expect an exhibition of loyalty from you, since you have a friend who is an agent.
-
The agent may expect you to disclose EXACTLY what you will buy to assess if this has any relationship with reality. "Every house......way over priced" suggests a disconnect. In three to six months 'way over priced' will mean you are out of the market.
-
If you are a serious buyer, contact a real agent who is actually doing business in today's market and see if you meet their "First Look Buyer" criteria. Be aware, an agent who is able to create the condition for your success will not be infinitely patient. If they find a secret home ready for purchase but not yet for sale that meets your criteria, and you don't buy, two times, you will likely be back on Trulia seeking another agents help.
Gatr796,

I would be more than happy to try and help. I am working with several buyers right now and I understand what you are facing. We have been doing alerts for our other clients to send them homes the minute they hit the market, then going to them as soon as we can to beat those investors.

Please review my profile on Trulia and send me a message with your price range and desired size and location. Or email me directly at Thoyt@prutropical.com

No pressure, just help.

Respectfully,
Tracy Hoyt
Prudential Tropical Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 25, 2013
Did you ever buy a property? Just curious if you are still looking, prices are definitely higher now than they were a year ago..
This is certainly a challenge in today's market; however, I have an entire strategy that I use to handle this issue and I have been quite successful at helping my clients find their new home in this competitive environment.

I would be happy to help you find your next home before the competition. Feel free to contact me directly at 813-708-9268 or callmelissahall@gmail.com.
Target Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and HUD homes if you intend to occupy as your primary residence because you will not have to compete with investors for the first 10 days or as long as 15 days.

If you're trying to invest yourself and cannot pay ALL CASH then you may want to learn the ropes at the Courthouse online foreclosure auctions. You must do a lot of homework before going this route. Also not available if you need to get a mortage because you have to pay 100% of your bid IN CASH in less than 24 hours.

If you can see past the "ugly" and get a Renovation mortgage you will have better luck in competing. You can even get an FHA 203k Renovation mortgage with only 3.5% down or on Fannie Mae owned properties you can get a HomePath Renovation with as little as 3% down.

Hope this helps.

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
I am sure an agent that is representing you will try her/his best to help you find a home, but she/he doesn't have any control over what offer the seller accepts. That's why I recommend you make your best offer on any property you are interested in purchasing.
Yes, the successful plan would include knowing exactly what you are looking for, and being willing to commit quickly once a home that fits becomes available. Having all of your documentation ready to go will help the response time as well. Lastly, most bank owned homes will have an investor lockout time frame-try to take advantage of this. If you want to discuss this further, my contact information is in my profile.