Robert Nixon, Home Buyer in Detroit, MI

Will Trulia advise me of all monies owing on a property that I would be responsible for?

Asked by Robert Nixon, Detroit, MI Tue Apr 3, 2012

Answers

7
Myla,
No, Trulia is a website that accepts data from thousands of sources and does not guarantee its completely accurate. There is no way they could.
When you find a home you are interested in, the local agent would be more reliable to determine the taxes and any association fees that may be associated with that property. Generally the only other fees would be utilities like power, gas, water, sewer which as the owner you would have some control over.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 3, 2012
You would need to do a title search to be sure you found all outstanding liens on a property. Trulia nor your agent would know that.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 3, 2012
Thanks for the reply. Could you please tell me, is a title search something anyone can do?
Flag Tue Apr 3, 2012
Hi Myla,
This information is developed typically by your title agent or loan officer. Your use of the term "responsible for" is vague. Are you purchasing this property? Do you own it now?
Regards, Jim
No, we're hoping to buy a house in the next couple of months. I worry that we could receive bills for money owing on the house after we buy it. Is it the lawyers responsibility to do a title search?
Flag Mon May 14, 2012
Trulia won’t advise you of anything.
Web Reference: http://jamessimms.com/
It's hard to rely on Trulia for accurate status information or price evaluation, no less monies owed on a property. I think that Tim Moore nails what you are needing with the title search.
I would only trust a Title Company who was backing it up with title insurance.
No Trulia probably won't have that information. The best thing to do is to have your own real estate agent work with you.
thanks for the quick response :)
Flag Tue Apr 3, 2012