Home Buying in Williamstown>Question Details

Bbrankley, Other/Just Looking in Williamstown, NJ

Will Ryan Homes negotiate on price if you aren't using NVR?

Asked by Bbrankley, Williamstown, NJ Thu Mar 22, 2012

We are interested in going to look at a new construction house in a development that includes two builders, a local builder and Ryan Homes. The base model starts at $219,900, but we were hoping to spend less than that. The other builders base model starts at $209,900. Do builder negotiate when there is compitition within the development? I know it's all circumstantial, just hoping for some general info.

Also, just as an aside, the MLS lists an HOA fee of $100 for the Ryan Homes as a yearly assessment, which seems oddly low. Would it be monthly? A monthly HOA of $100 seems high for a single family development with no ammenities (clubhouse, pool, ect.). Any ideas?

Answers

4
Voices Member’s answer
As the other have said, you can and should negotiate the price on the sale of your new home. However, if you registered with the builder, it may be too late to use a Realtor, but you won't know until you ask. As for the HOA fee, in my development it is $80 per year. Usually, this just covers insurance and the maintenance of common area, such as the signs at the entrance. In large development the cost is spread out so a yearly fee in this range is not unusual. Reviewing the HOA documents is a good idea and you should have your lawyer review them.
Web Reference: http://www.gyleshomes.com
Yes builders do negotiate the price of the home and the price of upgrades. With regard to the HOA fee, it depends on what phase of construction of the development is in. In the early phases when not many homes/units have been sold the builder maintains control of the HOA. Ask the builder to see the Master deed that was filed with the state of NJ for the development so you can see what the arrangements are for turning over control of the HOA to residents.
Yes you can and should negotiate with the builder. You should use the services of a Realtor since the seller pays all of the Realtor commissions. A Realtor will work to get you the lowest price with all of the amenities that you desire and most times more! I am a Weichert Realtor and work with numerous builders in the area and have negotiated a number of deals such as the type you are looking to do. With regard to HOA fees, $100/yr sounds correct. I would love to assist you in realizing your dreams of owning a new home. Please contact me for further info- there is no charge for info!!

Thanks- Kelli

http://www.propertiesbykelli.com
(856) 522-3200
I recently just sold a new construction Townhome in Amberliegh Village. I negotiated price and amenities. If you need help please email or call me Suzdsells1@gmail.com or 856-981-8446. I would be happy to help or give you some advice. I had a great experience co-oping with Ryan homes and my Client is very excited for her new home to be built by August. In this market there is always room for negotiation! :) I look forward to hearing from you! :)