Home Buying in Lancaster>Question Details

JackieM, Home Buyer in Lancaster, CA

Will I ever find a home?

Asked by JackieM, Lancaster, CA Wed Jan 9, 2013

I have a very low pre-approval amount, just a little over $100k. My agent & I have made three unsuccesful offers. She seems annoyed and I feel quite defeated. Is there hope?

Answers

11
Hi Jackie M ! Don't be discouraged ! I've been doing RE for over 30 years and can tell you with all confidence.......there is a house/home out here for you ! It will be your blessing and no one else can have it ! Rethink areas, .....consider a multi-family.....perhaps a 2 on a lot. Negative attitudes are infectious....consider removing anything or anyone that doesn't share your dream ! I see many offerrings
that are in your range! is your agent full time .......or sometime?
Yes Keep hope alive :) ... we are always here to help.
Feel free to contact me if you still need further assistance.

Real Estate Agent
Lola Joyner
818.813.4254
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 2, 2013
This is not unusual for the area at this time. Most agents have a ton of buyers but we are experiencing a lack of inventory to sell. Our goal is to find more listings and be able to accomodate all of our buyers. Just don't give up.
Jackie,

There is hope! Hang in there.

Maybe you should look at condos or townhomes. Have your agent look for listings that are giving priority to owner occupants. I am affraid you may be competing with investors.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Keep hope alive you will be victorious if you do not give up.
JackieM ~

So sorry that you are having challenges with your offers......unfortuneately, in our current market we are experiencing very low inventory, which creates great buyer demands, and multiple offers.

To give you an idea of what's currently going on, here are some statistics:

2012 sold homes in the AV - 5606
2011 sold homes in the AV - 5889

Current ACTIVE/AVAILABLE homes to bid on:

1/1/13 531 homes
1/1/12 1426 homes

And just as a piece of information our area covers Acton to California City - Holiday Valley/Antelope Acres to Lake Los Ageles, a very large geographic area.

Make sure you and your agent are in communication, keep writing offers, just make sure that you do not fall into the trap of writing on just anything, just because you really want to buy a house. Make sure you are writing serious offers, not too over list, unless the home is truly listed under market.

If you are a 1st time buyer - have you looked at City of Palmdale or Lancaster homes? Depending on your income, these may be a great alternative, not a lot of multiple offers, but there are maximum & minimum income requirements.

I wish you the best of luck.

Tamara Stoebe, REALTOR/Notary
GRI, e-PRO, CHS, QSC
DRE License #01827461
Prudential Troth REALTORS
1801 W. Ave. K
Lancaster, CA 93534
(661) 466-6849
Fax (661) 422-3006
http://www.TamaraStoebe.com
No, I'm not low balling. Our offers are simply being beat by others. My credit is great and I have more than enough to cover all costs, so thats definitely no the issue here.
Keep your real estate agent happy. If you trust him or her listen to their recommendations. Just curious if your offers were declined or beat out by another buyer. If they were declined you may need to be more realistic. If you're getting beat out, try jumping on them faster. If you keep your focus there is hope. You just need to be open to learing. It will be an educational process for you.
Only 3 offers, you have just started. Keep making offers you will get a home.
I really agree with Ron. I don't know whether you are low balling or not - not familiar with price there.

Work with your agent to examine the patterns of your offers. Are you putting enough down? Are you under-bidding? Is there anything you can do to improve your chances.

As a Realtor, I too get frustrated when when a client and I are not bidding in a successful manner....we are people too! (and we don't get paid for our time).

Good luck to you.
In this Market, Low-Ball offers just will not work; and that sounds like what you are relegated to.
You will either have to be patient and build up your Credit and your "stash" or you will have to be very creative.
Unfortunately; you are asking your Reator to do a lot of extra work for very little commission. Think of that.