Home Buying in Davenport>Question Details

Tina, Both Buyer and Seller in Davenport, FL

Will I be able to get home loan in Florida with low credit score?

Asked by Tina, Davenport, FL Fri May 4, 2012

I plan to buy a home over the summer time in Florida. Both I and my husband work. I was wondering if I get home loan with lest then a prefect credit score? I am looking to get a FHA loan. Is there any lenders out there that is willing to work with people with a low credit score. What is the lowest credit score some lenders are willing to accept?

Answers

3
Hi Tina,

Davenport is an area that is eligible for the no money down USDA mortgage. There are a couple of other great benefits like the ability to roll your closing costs into the loan and, this is the best part, the monthly mortgage insurance on a USDA mortgage is substantially less than and FHA loan.

You don't need to be a first time home buyer for USDA mortgage which makes it better than trying to deal with a state or county down payment assistance program.

You do need to have at least a 620 middle credit score and you have to qualify under the programs county income limits but if you do, it's a much better option than an FHA loan.

You can find more information on the USDA mortgage program by visiting my USDA website below or contacting me directly.

John Burke
Senior Mortgage Banker
ENG Lending
(877)228-9069
jburke@englending.com
We have a lender that takes on 580 ~Gita - But State paycheck is required
Hi Tina,

It really depends on how low your score is. The score you get when you run your credit and when a bank or loan officer runs your credit will be different. You'll need a 620 or higher. However, it's not just your credit score but your ability to pay. If you are not going to live in the house, you will not be able to get an FHA loan. If you plan to move into the house, your next problem becomes your employment. You really should talk to a loan officer to find out if you would qualify. Would you like me to get you in touch with one?

Becky Burke
Real Living Classic Homes Realty
352-394-1473
BeckyBrealtor@yahoo.com