esb91087, Home Buyer in Charleston, SC

Why would any agent post a property without interior pictures. You have such a small window of interest.

Asked by esb91087, Charleston, SC Sat Mar 2, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3110755734-28-Wentworth-St-Ch…

Answers

6
Many foreclosures have only one picture. Sometimes if it is a private owned house it is ugly inside. Our goal as real estate agents is to market and sell your home. We want as many buyers as possible to come inside. We do not want you to rule it out because of ugly shag carpeting or an old kitchen. One picture gets curiosity up....then you might come to see it. More people looking at it means a better chance of selling it. You might see the possibilities in person
Russ, I think you're right about the "ugly on the inside" part. But the bottom line is people do want to see pictures. They have to see pictures. If the home is ugly, that's fine. Just use a virtual renovation service to show off the possibilities. If you do that, and "spoon feed" buyers the beautiful potential of the home, you won't be saying "then you 'might' come to see it," or "You 'might' see the possibilities." ...they will see the possibilities. And they will come see the house. Talk to the guys over at centumstaging.com next time you're selling the "ugly shag and old kitchen," they do great work. Makes selling those properties a lot easier.
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Good morning!

As many have said...there are a laundry list of reasons that there might not be pictures posted on a home. If you would like me to take pictures of a particular property for you, just let me know and I will do it for you!

Have a great day!

Cheryll

Cheryll Woods-Flowers, Coldwell Banker United
843-442-2219
cflowers@woodsflowers.coom
Typically it is because the interior of the home is in poor condition, however sometimes agents do not always understand the importance of presentation and their listings are at a disadvantage,
I like that answer, Ms. Rubin. You're exactly right. Presentation is very important. That's why I always suggest utilizing the low costs of virtual staging or if need be, a virtual renovation. Cheap, easy and effective. Problem solved!
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Often Realtors do not post pictures because the owner does not want pictures posted.
As a buyers agent I often take additional pictures for my clients.
This home was just listed Feb. 28. I suspect the agent is in the process of putting up more pictures. If you would like to see more pictures, then I could contact the agent for more pictures. Let me know.
@esb, I couldn't agree more!! Online marketing is essential, and not having attractive photos up is going to kill the flow of traffic for that listing. Buyers NEED to see pretty pictures! That's why I got into this business...
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Feb 28 listed.. it is March 2, I would never have my house listed without interior and exterior pictures.I have moved on and so have many other buyers...Get another agent...
Flag Sat Mar 2, 2013
Excellent question and one of my big gripes. Unfortunately just like any profession there are agents who are lazy, I only wish that sellers were more aware of the lack of service they are receiving. It is really simple to post pictures and I think there is not excuse not to do so. A lot of buyers and agents won't even show homes without pictures.