Lanie, Home Buyer in 90026

Why would HOA fees for my unit be higher than those of a larger unit with an additional 1/2 bath? Can I negotiate a lower fee?

Asked by Lanie, 90026 Fri May 13, 2011

Answers

7
Thanks everybody!!

guess what the problem was......TYPO!

Yay!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 14, 2011
Lanie:

The HOA may be setting aside extra money for planned service/repairs to your specific bulding group.
Just ask the HOA what specifically is causing the fee difference.

-Steve
Hi Lanie,

It makes no sense to me at all....you said you got the fees directly from the management company? did they tell you why? The only thing that occurs to me is that maybe a previous owner was paying on a special assessment on a monthly basis and the other units paid it in bulk? Really don't know.

Karen
I got the fee info from the management co. It listed the fees for all available units. The one I want has one of the highest, but is certainly not one of the biggest, like I said. Also, because of the window situation, it's one of the warmest, so I'll use even less gas than most.

It just doesn't make sense.

By
Lanie:

The best source for an answer to your question regarding the difference in fee is the HOA itself.

I agree with Marge that the HOA fees are determined by vote via the HOA Board, negotiation is unlikely.

Best, Steve
are you basing this question on information that was on listings or from the management company? Unfortunately, the listing info source may have been incorrect or outdated. check with the management company to be sure. Negotiate? Not likely since those are voted on by the homeowners.
Thaty does not make any sense, you should be able to get alist from the hoa association or their management company for all units and what they pay, usually hoa fees are based on size.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com