Home Buying in Blairsville>Question Details

sallysjordan, Home Buyer in Selma, AL

Why won't you put the quare footage and taxes on Trulia?

Asked by sallysjordan, Selma, AL Mon Dec 9, 2013

Add some detail about your question

Answers

2
When it comes to the square footage, agents are required to quote the source from which we gather that information. Unfortunately, many of our sellers do not have the plans of the home they purchased, therefore they cannot accurately obtain the square footage. Many times our Tax Assessors do not have accurate information as well, therefore many agents elect not to place inaccurate information on our MLS in order to avoid misrepresenting our clients property.

When it comes to the Taxes, we simply do not have a section within our MLS in order to place the yearly Taxes. Other MLS systems we use it is a requirement. However, currently the Northeast Georgia Board of Realtors does not have Taxes as a field within our database in which to input that information. I suppose that agents could elect to place that within the description is that is what they chose to do.

I do agree, that it can be aggravating and difficult to perform price comparisons. It was just in the last year that the square footage was added to the Northeast Georgia Board of Realtors MLS. Maybe they are making plans to add the Tax information in the coming year.
The square footage can be added to each listing according to what the tax records say or by what the owner tells us. It is up to the individual listing agent to do so. Same with the taxes. Thanks for putting this question out there. Maybe more agents will fill in these blanks for the benefit of our buyers wanting this information.
Thank you. I am going from 3,400 sf down to about 1,500 and would consider a 2/2 if it had a large LR,DR, kitchen and about that square footage. Guess if there's not much sf and acreage the taxes would be less. but I do like Trulia.
Flag Mon Dec 9, 2013