Home Buying in Scarsdale>Question Details

Stacey Depl, Home Buyer in Scarsdale, NY

Why was the post on 11 Corell Road, Scarsdale NY regarding being built on a possibly toxic landfill taken down?

Asked by Stacey Depl, Scarsdale, NY Fri Mar 1, 2013

I would like to hear anyone's thoughts on the matter. I am potentially buyiing a home in Scarsdale and was alarmed to see this property for sale.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3003604140-11-Corell-Rd-Scars…

Answers

3
Stacey
The property was built on a landfill. There is a possibility of off gassing and issues for those that live there. I would check into it before placing any offer on this type of proerty.
Keep in nind that the statement "built on a possibly toxic landfill", is heresay until tests are conducted that prove otherwise.....
Stacey hi the only way to know if there are any enviromantal issues with a home for sale in westchester is to have a phase one inspection. Most home inspectors are not trained for this type of inspection.9142741579