Home Buying in Hollywood>Question Details

Home Owner, Home Buyer in Hollywood, CA

Why's that agent listing short sale property doesn't reply buyer's query and e-mail at all?

Asked by Home Owner, Hollywood, CA Tue Oct 25, 2011

Does buyer writing direct to listing short sale agent on this site acceptable? Agent could recommend what to do or who to approach, instead of not replying any e-mail at all.
Had encounter 1 case where my agent submit an offer but they re-listed with a new higher selling price by $135,000, is that common?

Answers

6
Let an agent work for you that's what we get paid for.
Hi, I work with buyers in Hollywood. If you Are already working with an agent then have him/her do their job and get a hold of that listing agent. If you don't have an agent contact me and I can contact that agent for you and help put you in a house. I'm certified on short sale and foreclosure and have done enough deals to know how that process works.

Sam Musallam
Coldwell Banker
(818) 851-2425
Realtor818@gmail.com
If you have your own Buyer's Agent, why on earth are trying to deal directly with the Listing Agent?
Many REO Agents have hundreds of Listings for many Banks and are just to busy to deal with a Buyer.

As far as your encounter; please do not draw conclusions based on one deal.

Use your Buyer's Agent; that is why you have them.

Good luck and may God bless
Good morning Frustrated,
The reason a listing agent for a short sale might not return your reply is because they have an offer into the bank. Any more offers may only delay the process. The reason the price was increased is because the bank rejected the offer or countered it at a higher price. I do not condone the agent not returning messages just offering a possible explanation. I would suggest before writing an offer on a short sale your have your agent research the situation first. It may save you a lot of frustration later.
I never heard anyone ever say the short sale listing agent works for the bank. Here in NC, where Tom is too, we can do dual agent sales where we do not work for either party but we must treat each party equally and fairly. Now Calf could be totally different - I am not sure about out there. I would never ignore an email requesting info on any of my listings - ever. I do get some emails that are lost in my huge spam folder though.
Do you have yoru own Realtor? The listing Agent / Realtor works for the bank, not you. He is under no obligation to respond to your questions.

You should be represented by your REALTOR. they will ask the questions.

Now the LIST price of most Short sales will be the MINIMUM the bank will take. Not saying the BANK will accept your offer and may come back or counter at a higher amount.

Also banks will keep accepting offers on a house untill they get what they want. and my never counter a low offer or even respond to a low offer. Just the way it is

Some times Realtors who list short sales, list for much less thent the bank will accept, just to get offers in.

banks do need your

- written offer,
- copy of certifed EMD
- your proof of funds, or
- Prequal letter from you bank,
- Arms length Transaction form. - Your not related to seller, your Reltor is not related to seller
- Your verification that you will LIVE in that house is a big plus

Good Luck

Tom