I'm, Other/Just Looking in Citrus Heights, CA

Why not buy in Citrus Heights?

Asked by I'm, Citrus Heights, CA Wed May 7, 2008

I live in C.H. and my sister just bought in Roseville. My parents are relocating to the area and have been told by several people C.H. is a bad investment. Why? I think it's great value for the money and love living here but now they are worried about appreciation.

Answers

6
Now is a great time to look!!! Back in August prices actually started going up. Houses coming on the market were having bidding wars. There was very little inventory and a large number of qualified buyers. (as well as investors). The market seems to be shifting. There are more houses on the market now and more for buyers to chose from. This is keeping home prices stable but still going up slightly. More to choose from allows you the buyer to have more options and slightly more control over the deal.
Citrus Heights has many great neighborhoods. The prices here are significantly lower than Placer County. You get more for your money here that's for sure. The price range is slightly higher than $225.
Some of the upgraded homes are in the high 2's now. But for the money you are getting a great deal.
Let me know if you would like to take a look at anything. I'd be happy to send you more information.
Michelle Harrington
CALBRE# 01924769
mharrington@golyon.com
916-251-6127
Voices Member
I assume you meant appreciating vs depreciating?
We have been in a consistent appreciating market for
all of 2013.
Patrick
BRE 00856701
I personally would prefer to live in Roseville vs Citrus Heights, but that doesn't make Citrus Heights a bad investment. It certainly doesn't mean that there are not very nice areas to live in Citrus Heights. There are good and bad investments in both Citrus Heights and Roseville. Citrus Heights is generally more affordable than Roseville. If your parents are considering Citrus Heights and Roseville, I would look in both areas and select the best property. That property just might be in Citrus Heights.

Please don't hesitate to call or email with any questions. Good luck with your search.
Like any city the size of CH, it has pockets of poor, run down, gang infested areas. However, there are also some spectacularly nice neighborhoods that would be the envy of any American.
Look carefully, do your homework, talk to the locals, be aware of your surroundings. CH can be a wonderful place or a huge mistake - - it depends on you.
Citrus Height Affords Value ,Convinience,Close proximity to Shopping and Freeways (Great for Commuters)
Do Your research,work with a competent Realtor.
Hi I'm just looking: Well, first of all, about depreciation--about 98% to 100% of the areas in Sacramento and Placer have depreciating values. As far as Citrus Heights is concerned, my personal experience is that it has been a great place to live. Especially since the incorporation. You can definitely get a better bargain in CH rather than Roseville and the median value is $226 in Sacramento County as opposed to $350K in Placer County. I base my research on single family home dwelling units only.

I think that this would be such a huge investment, that research is the key for you as well as working with an agent who is knowledgeable of the area. Why not look at both CH and Roseville? Write down your goals for your home, i.e., close to family, schools, home amenities. What's most important to you. You'll figure it out.
Web Reference: http://SoldByErin.net