Lisa, Home Owner in San Dimas, CA

Why is the price at 27703 #30 higher than other homes? Yes, it's beautiful but it's older than new homes. What is the land rent?

Asked by Lisa, San Dimas, CA Thu Jun 20, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3119228587-27703-Ortega-Hwy-3…

Answers

7
Marsha,

The space rent is showing as $878,00 per month. Thats low. When are you available to see it?

Talk to you soon

Ingrid Ski Realtor
949-874-0432
OCAreaHomes@gmail.com
Hi Marsha,

Manufactured Homes can all be financed. If the hom is pre 1976 your down payment is 25% that is about the only difference, newer than 1976 and your down payment can be 10%, more is ok, less you would have to have pretty good credit...
I have sold the pre 1976 homes and they are good to buy.. You may not want some of the older singles say 1950's or older.. Most people want the newer ones late 1960's but most prefer 1970's and up. These do look like nice if they are a double wide.. They can have a fireplace and even expanded ..room added..

If I can be of any more help, please contact me.. Good Luck

Ingrid Ski Realtor
949-874-0432
OCAreaHomes@gmail.com
I just attempted to find the APN # and couldn't so I'm assuming it's a rent/lease park/community. It's a little pricy for a land/lease community but then I've seen old PRE HUD MH's in Malibu sell for a million bucks for the privilage of leasing the space for $3500/mth.

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. FYI, in case you don't already know it's a senior 55+ community. You may want to speak to the park manager to find out what the adjusted rent/lease will be for new residents as that's when they usually adjust their space rent.
Be wary of any manufactured home built before June 15, 1976 as they are "PRE HUD" homes and will be very difficult if not impossible to finance. Additionally many if not most PRE HUD homes were built using caustic and carcinogenic chemicals i.e. formaldehyde and asbestos.

But before you purchase any manufactured home you should have the home inspected by an experienced manufactured home inspector and not just any home inspector.Make sure the home is level and that the pier and pad assemblies are in good shape.

Be sure the vapor barrier and insulation are in tact and not ripped, torn or lying on the ground. Have the inspector look for drainage issues i.e. standing water, soil erosion, expansive (clay soil), rusted and deteriorating piers and dry rotted or decomposing wood pads supporting the piers.

Most importantly make sure the home has an approved set of Earthquake Resistant Bracing (ERBS) installed under it as much of California is in a Zone 4 seismic area:

(http://www.google.com/search?q=seismic+zone+3+map+for+califo…)

Feel free to contact us should have any more questions: 800 909-1110, Cell: 760 815-6877. Email: onthelevel@cox.net. Or log onto any of our very user friendly websites:
http://www.mh-processing.com
Web Reference: http://www.onthelevelcontractors.com
It's not always about the age of the home. I used to live in this area and it is by far one of he most beautiful areas in all of OC. Ocean views, size of lot, area density all play into the value in this area. You'd definitely be getting what you pay for. Snooze ya Looze. {:
This is a gorgeous home with a fantastic view. San Juan is a great city to live in and has a lot of events
Just had the San Juan summer nights this past Wednesday night whig they do once a month for 4 months June-sept
Love living here. The property is priced right.
When do you want to go see it?

Talk to you soon

Ingrid Ski Realtor
949-874-0432
OCAreaHomes@gmail.com

Local resident for 30 years
Hi Marsha,
I currently live just down the road from this property and have lived in San Juan since 2004. The space rent is $878 a month. Even though this home was built in 1975, you can see the owners have done an extensive remodel, making much nicer then many single family homes in San Juan. On top of that, it sits high up on a hill and even has an ocean view which is pretty amazing and private. Let me know if you would like to see it or have anymore questions.
Bill Arseneau