Gene Himelst…, Renter in Uptown, Chicago, IL

Why is it that when I specify my apt. search choice to be in 60640 and no more than $700 Mo. that I get everything mixed together ?

Asked by Gene Himelstein, Uptown, Chicago, IL Wed Mar 5, 2014

Answers

12
email me at jmichaels@remax.net and I will send you 700 and under
The most HONEST ANSWER:
Most of the listings are feed into Trulia from the MLS. The MLS is a web portal used by brokers to input their listings. If a $700 rental did not warrant hiring a broker by the landlord, paying a commission and listing the property with a listing fee then you probably wont see too many of them on Trulia. And doing the search you mentioned above not just in 60640 but all of Chicago is going to get you a lot of parking spaces for rent (just in case you were wondering why there is an address and no photos plus 0bed, 0bath and 0sqft.). I have found under $700 is typically on craigslist and usually for rent by owner. So don't get discouraged, you will find something there.

I hope that helps -
Ken Watanabe
http://www.24kpink.com
finding a rental under $700 might be tough. Find an agent that works that area
Muchas paginas cuando no tienen nada por debajo de 700 sulen ir automaticamente sobre esa cantidad
Well, Gene Santiago is from Spain and was kind enough to answer you question in Spanish and English in the post before it. The fact that you are limited to a $700 housing budget could be a direct relationship to your attitude. Attitude determines altitude. Just saying.
Flag Thu Mar 6, 2014
Welcome to the United States, now learn the language
Flag Thu Mar 6, 2014
A lot of web pages when don't have any under that amount going over .
There may be not $700 rentals in the 60640 area. The system is giving you what it thinks is close. You many need to put in more money or less bedrooms to get options. Also, work with a leasing agent to take some of the stress away.
Greetings Gene,

In order to get accurate and reliable info you need to work with a Realtor. Feel free to contact me should you need any assistance.
Web Reference: http://www.BJDHOMES.com
I do leasing, but there is not much available in the neighborhood under $700. Are you looking for a studio?

Mark Malave
Have a leasing agent help you. Often there is no cost and then you can avoid homes that are already rented or scams. Consumer sites are getting better but often their content is outdated.
Not sure.

But hire a good leasing agent. They can help for free!
Gene, what exactly do you mean by, "I get everything mixed together ?" If you are using a real estate broker, they should be able to set up a simple search by zip code and a max of $700 per month rent. E-mail me if you are having issues.

Mark
mark@markbazzetta.com
Zip codes are tough to search for in the Chicago land area. I would suggest focusing in on a certain area of the city like "West Loop" or "Bucktown" and then you may have some better luck and not have results be so mixed up.