Lea.1954, Home Buyer in Hollywood, FL

Why is it that Trulia does not update this site more often every home I have tried to look at or bid on is gone before I get the initial e-mail?

Asked by Lea.1954, Hollywood, FL Sun Oct 14, 2012

Answers

9
This reminds me a buyer who spent his time to send me listings to verify but all of them were already sold, until the day he realized the only accurate listings came from my mls search. Thant's why Realtors exists.
Hi Jose, thanks for that response, what good is the website then? I would like to talk to you, can you e-mail me directly. Lea.1954@hotmail.com
Flag Fri Oct 19, 2012
Hello Lea,

This is a very good question - and the answer is that agents are supposed to update the info regularly.
I guess it is just not done as often as necessary...

Best to work with an agent who'll give you access to the most updated info you are
looking for.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
Find a local Realtor website that offers MLS access/search

With enthusiasm,

Meir Aloni & Team

CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)

CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)

RECS (Real Estate Cyberspace Society)

Successfully selling Broward County since 1986!

Direct phone# 954-338-5220 http://www.WeSellBroward.com

All Star Realty Inc.
Yea - I get it, you have to get a realtor....and we have one. That doesn't change how ANNOYING it is that Trulia is NEVER up-to-date. Like the person who posted the question, every other house we are interested in is sold---(I find this out when I email my realtor about it). So, to all those that posted that the answer to the original question posed is to get a realtor...I just want to make sure you understand that most of us DO--but that doesn't prevent the frustration of constantly coming across old listings on Trulia. A realtor can only spend so much time on one client. I like to comb through all the inventory (on my own) when looking for an investment home. In fact, I just applied for my broker's license (luckily before the 2013 change in the laws that affect attorneys) just so I can access MLS and stop wasting time on inaccurate websites. For us, it will actually be worth the fee.
Hello Lea,
My best advice to you is to take advantage of the services of a real estate agent in your area. Do not depend in a web site to give you updated information, an agent would do the work for you and won't cost you anything until you find what you looking for.
A good agent will keep you posted of what comes in the market as soon as it comes out!
Lea,
You are correct! It IS Truila's responsibility to keep the data on this website updated.
Real estate professionals DO NOT ENTER THE DATA!
The data appearing on Trula originates from a 3rd party, Listhub. Here it is in Trulia's own words.
-
"Trulia receives this listing from ListHub, a third party listing provider. As part of Trulia's syndication agreement with ListHub, Trulia has agreed to limit data edits on core fields (e.g. price and status) specified by ListHub. "
-
This means real estate agents are not entering the data on Trulia and, as stated have VERY limited capability to correct data that effects value such as size, price, rooms, but we can enter the color of the carpet.
-
Regarding why is everything you see on Trula GONE?
Read this post.
http://www.trulia.com/blog/AnnetteLawrence/2012/10/why_does_…

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us

First Look: http://youtu.be/PumYpkgybXE
Trulia database is entered manually by agents. Update is not automatic as the MLS.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 14, 2012
It is not up to Trulia to update listings, it is up to the listing agents to update homes. trulia is just a site to place ads on. Trulia is not like the MLS where everything is up to date and instant. You should have a buyer agent who can supply you with homes that are current and active.
Hi Lea,
You should work with a realtor whom can provide you with listings that are being auctioned off in advance or foreclosed and short sale properties. If you have any questions or concerns you can contact me and I will be more than happy to answer your questions. Working with a realtor you will get active, updated , and avaliable properties instead of waiting for a website to update which can take weeks to get recent info on properties.

Tamika Moses
Keller Williams Realty Partners SW
954-404-4646
tmrealtor@yahoo.com
http://flapropertiesbytmoses.kwrealty.com/