Home Buying in Studio City>Question Details

Daniella, Other/Just Looking in

Why is a home that is showing as "For Sale" is showing up as "Not For Sale" on different real estate websites?

Asked by Daniella, Sun Jan 6, 2013

I found a great home for sale here in Studio City. I tried searching it up on different websites and google to find more photos and details, but on every website it says the home is listed as "Not For Sale" except for Trulia, which shows the price drop history in recent days and it listed as a home that is for sale. What is the explanation to this? Home is 3130 Dona Sarita Pl.

Answers

9
Barry Weiss’ answer
Most likely, it has to do with how Trulia gets their information. Most real estate web sites are "fed" or capture information directly from local area Multiple Listing Services (MLS). It's not uncommon that they don't update information in "real time," meaning that they use a computer application to update information on a periodic basis. Sometimes these programs have glitches in them that causes some information not to be updated.

The most reliable source of information about active, sold and in-escrow homes is by working with a Realtor to set you up so you can search properties using a site that is "real-time" and gets information directly from the MLS. I offer this free to my web site visitors, and there's no obligation. You can even set up automatic email notifications for 10 different searches when prices change, homes are sold, and open houses are scheduled. Unless you ask me to, I won't contact you about your search or use on my web site. Check it out: BarryWeissRealEstate.com.
Daniella,
Some Websites other than what your agent can provide you with, do not update in a timely manner. As a buyer you want up to date information as soon as possible to enable you to find that perfect home. Contact a local agent to get listings sent to you as soon as they hit the market. The agent will send you listings from the MLS system. This is the best up to date service you can receive. All the best.
Some sites have significant delays in getting their data for a number of reasons. The MLS is the most accurate source and that is maintained by local Realtor associations. Working with a Realtor will get you the most accurate and up to date info on homes for sale.
Redfin.com will pull information from your local MLS and update it's own website approximately every 15 minutes.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 6, 2014
To be completely honest, Trulia is wrong a lot.

The reason why you should be working with a Realtor is because there is so much wrong information out there, the only place to go for facts is the actual MLS, which only Realtors can access (and we pay quite a bit of money in order to do so).

I'd recommend using Trulia as a guide to get your feet wet, but when you're actually ready to buy a home, ask a local realtor to send you properties, or give you feedback on homes you find online.
Hi Daniella,

As you now are aware, there are different levels of property information accuracy on the web.

Please see:

“MLS Data Accuracy – Where to search if you’re “without Realtor®” if you only want accurate information.

http://tinyurl.com/ctr4d44

-Steve
Generally, it's because different browsers update their listings at different time intervals, or the browser needs to be updated by the individual agents with property there and sometimes they prefer to show a property as "active" for as long as possible to get calls to themselves. The best way to get up to the minute information is to contact a local realtor, like myself in Studio City, and have him/her set YOU up with a listingbook account so that you can search the multiple listing service in real time - just like a realtor - and will have someone to help if you have questions of what you see. If I can be of help, my office number is 818 308-8613.

This particular property is "ON HOLD" from showing, probably meaning that there are bank issues to be resolved before it can be marketed again.
Good morning Daniella,
This property is not for sale. It had an NOD (notice of default), which is the start of the foreclosure process. The release of the Lis Pendens, or cancelation of the sale was done on 11/02/12
There are currently 6 homes in that area and price range truly for sale. Please email me your email address and I will forward these to you, which includes several pictures and full description.
I can also, if you would like set up your email to automatically receive these same info sheets whenever a property comes on the market that meets your criteria. You can cancel it at anytime.
Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or comments.
Have a wonderful day!
Susan Bo'ur Realtor/Coldwell Banker
Susan@BeverlyHillsLuxuryFlats.com
Daniella,
The home is in a Hold Do Not Show status. What this means is the seller did list the property but for some reason not explained on the listing status they have put the listing on hold.

It could be the bank has offered them a trial loan modification or it could be someone in the house has had a serious health problem. There are many reasons a seller might choose to put a listing on hold. This could be a temporary hold or it could be until the listing expires.

The MLS that real estate agents use has several categories for the status of a house. Other websites such as Trulia or Redfin might not have a Hold Do Not Show status. So, one website might say that this category is Not Available whereas another would say it is still active.

I hope that explanation helps.

Please call or send an email if you need help with any of your real estate needs.

Tommy Lee
DRE #01723594 SFC (Short Sale & Foreclosure Certified)
Premier Service® Professional
tommy.lee@dilbeck.com
323-821-2292
говорю порусскии