Angela Gunte…, Home Buyer in F.A.M.U., Tallahassee,...

Why is Fayetteville NC building so many apartments? I predict they will so find it very difficult to rent the older or more pricey apartments.

Asked by Angela Gunter-shannon, F.A.M.U., Tallahassee, FL Mon Feb 11, 2013

Answers

4
The Sequester. I'm currently in the Ft. Lewis area, I mean JBLM. Is Bragg now called JBBP? Also, the sequester looks like it will hurt all military communities...
No it's stil Fort Bragg and I've heard of no plans to change it. The former Pope Air Force Base is now Pope Army Airfield. The sequester going to hurt but the effects haven't been felt just yet.
Flag Fri Mar 8, 2013
Angela, Being a new agent I won't get into the intelligence of doing so. I can tell you as a recently retired soldier and a native of Fayetteville that the thought process for a lot of development in was based on the idea that Base Realignment And Closure (BRAC) would mean thousands on new jobs and growth in the area. As other bases shut down and shifted soldiers and civilians to Fayetteville Ft. Bragg. Realignment brought Forces Command to Ft. Bragg but many of the anticipated jobs have not materialized in fact the area lost many military jobs during realignment when Pope Air Force Base became Pope Army Airfield. With much of the planning done a few years ago when money flowed freely to defense contractors it was easy to believe that there would always be more people both military and civilians coming to the area and so many deals were struck for new housing. Now we are faced with the possibility of losing troops and I too believe there will be a problem in filling many vacant dwellings here. I hope I’m wrong!!
Do not assume that just because a Builder spends some money; that he knows what he is doing!