Home Buying in Pearland>Question Details

angiekoponen, Home Buyer in Pearland, TX

Why huge differences ( 50-100K for new) in price from 2 year old homes in the same general neighborhood to the homes just being built in Pearland, TX?

Asked by angiekoponen, Pearland, TX Wed May 8, 2013

Answers

6
Raw material and lot prices have gone up in many areas. Labor is also tight. Right now there is a disconnect in many areas, where resale prices have not caught up with the new construction prices. They'll probably close the gap at some point, but right now I see much better pricing on resales.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 10, 2013
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
It varies by area. However, a huge discrepancy may be cause for concern. While new homes do carry premiums that is a significant difference. I highly recommend using a buyer's agent (no cost to you and no effect on your negotiations with builders or sellers) to be sure you are getting a good deal at market value.
Stephanie Bateman
713-383-8672
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 9, 2013
Prices are generally different Subdivision by Subdivision. Are these in the same subdivision?? I live in Pearland and would be happy to do further research on it. A lot of the new home builders offer special incentives to buy their home, offer the financing, etc. And, these homes can be negotiable just as a resale home is. Give me a call, and I'll be happy to answer any questions.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 8, 2013
People will pay more for new, added to that builder's like to do incentives, so the extra pricing allows them to come down in price for the incentive. If you need help, please call Pat at 281-610-4144. Your local Shadow Creek Ranch, Pearland Prudential Real Estate Agent.
Location and school district. Parents will buy a higher price home to get a better school. New homes carry a premium as they can be appraised on an actual construction basis and carry a builder warranty.
Short answer is the newer homes just being built typically have the newest energy efficiency features, builder upgrades, and just in general are that much nicer. The new home builders are able to get a great product out into the marketplace in a shot period of time, and makes it harder many times for a 2 year old resale to compete. Are you looking to buy or sell a home; I'm happy to speak to you and offer you further assistance? I'm the agent to get the job done for you. Contact me now so you can put me to work for you. Andrew Pikoff 713-408-9702 AndrewPikoff@gmail.com